Chapter 10: Someone That Can't Be Mine

Jerome’s POV

Mitch walked to our booth with Nicole beside him, Nicole's hair looked so soft and I wondered what it was like to run my hand through her hair. But I shook that idea away, it was obvious that Mitch and Nicole liked each other. I tried talking to Adam but he looked really tired and out of it.

"Hey biggums! Hi Nicole!" I said as they neared us.

  "HAI DOOD!" Mitch said to me with a grin.

"Hey!!!" Nicole said with an amazing smile.

    Half an hour later, Jason and Destiny arrived and we all started talking. Nicole looked really excited but Destiny was really quiet, I guessed that Destiny didn't like Minecraft.
A while later, Destiny stood up and asked us what we would like for lunch, we all replied except for Mitch. After no response came from Mitch the second time Destiny had asked, Nicole asked Mitch.

   "Whatever you're having." Mitch responded instantly, looking at Nicole.

  Nicole suggested to help but Destiny refused, when Jason tried asking Mitch told Jason that if Destiny had refused Nicole, he had no chance. Jason looked furious but I guess for the rest of us' sakes, he kept to himself. Nicole looked really happy to be talking with us but when she was fixing her hair, her left sleeve went down and for a moment, I saw red scars on her arm...

    About 10 minutes later, while we will still joking around, there was a loud scream. We hurried to see what had happened and to our shock....Dawn was lying not the floor, her limbs bent in an unnatural angle and her face ghostly white.

    Adam ran towards Dawn's dead body and fell to his knees, he looked broken and wrecked. The medic came and tried to take Dawn away from the scene, Adam was furious and he didn't let Dawn go. It wasn't until Ty and Jason went to reason with him that he let go. Adam looked up to where Dawn...jumped and a moment later, his face formed into an icy cold mask. I saw Jason also look up and what he saw made his face drain of colour.

When Destiny came back, Adam confronted her.

    "Why the fuck would you kill her?! I saw you up there! That's why you didn't want anyone to go with you!!!"

  Adam screamed at Destiny, who was now crying. I looked over to Jason, who was really quiet and looked torn apart.

   Mitch was holding Nicole, who was gently sobbing at what was happening.

Jason walked over and spoke to her privately.

"You don't trust me either?" Destiny whispered.

Nicole broke away from Mitch and walked to them and said, "Destiny has gone through so much throughout the past years... If she can't trust you, how will she trust her life?"

  Jason kept quiet, his eyes frantically moving back and forth between Destiny and Adam.

    "Don't trust her, Jason! She killed Dawn....the truth is all there...!" Adam said.

"Destiny...I've known Adam all my life and seen him with Dawn. And I also saw you up there...the evidence is all there....I can't....I don't even really know you...I'm so sorry..." Jason whispered and walked towards Adam and Ty.

    "AGH! You guys don't know what Destiny could do! SHE WILL KILL HERSELF!" Nicole screamed, then she started crying even harder. My heart shattered at her sobs but there was nothing I could do. Mitch held her tightly as she sobbed into his chest.

Adam went upstairs because he wanted time alone and to see the place that the...incident happened...

    "Adam has been up there for such a long time, I'm gonna go check up on him." Ty told us and he went upstairs. 2 minutes later, Ty ran downstairs and shouted for help. We all ran upstairs and we saw Adam passed out on the floor. Ty told us that Adam was telling him that Dawn had killed herself with an overdose then he had suddenly passed out.

    Adam's head hit the metal railing as he passed out and there was a pool of blood on the floor already. The ambulance came once again and they took Adam away with them, we all hurried in our rented cars to follow them. I offered to drive cause I thought it would be better if Mitch was comforting Nicole.

      When we got to the hospital, we were brought with horrible news. Adam needed a blood transfusion from all the blood he lost but Adam had an O negative blood type and none of us had that type of blood.

"This is a hospital…shouldn't you guys have extra blood for times like this?!" Jason questioned, clearly worried about his best friend.

      "We are all out and we already ordered but it wouldn't arrive until tomorrow, and that would be too late" the doctor said to us.

"I...I-my blood type is O negative..." Nicole said in a really small voice.

     The doctor asked her a few questions about what she consumed today and stuff then went to prepare for the blood draw. Nicole, looked pale and scared.

   "I'm just really afraid of needles, it's nothing though." she told us but it was obvious that it was something that she would never do.

    She looked so scared and small as she shuddered in Mitch arms...

When the nurse started to sanitize Nicole's arm and preparing her for the blood draw, Nicole looked like she was about to pass out. Ty and Jason looked worried and Mitch was sitting right beside Nicole, whispering encouragements to her. I was furious at how much blood was drawn out of Nicole but also worried about Adam's life.

    The doctor told us that all the stress and the recent incidents caused trauma and the seizure Adam had before reoccurred and he now has a concussion from his head injury. It was just like last time but even more serious.

    Nicole sitting beside Mitch, wrapped a blanket and eating something to regain the all the blood back.

I knew for sure that Minecon was closed for this year, I just couldn't believe how all of this happened in a short few hours and someone I know is dead. And maybe two more death will follow up...