Chapter 27: From You Know Who

Adam’s POV

   Jerome’s nose was pretty messed up. Ty was one of my oldest friend and I knew his temper could get out of hand but there was only one other time her had hurt someone so bad. 

I walked out to check the mail and there were a slip of paper that was between the letters. I read the note my face paled…

40 OOO dollars for one person. The other you can meet again some other time. No choices, you get what you get. Put the money with the note in the mail box by the end of the month or they both die.

     From, You Know Who

P.s you will make sure it’s cash right?

“Adam, you looking pale…” Jerome said. I handed him the note and went upstairs to call Mitch and Ty. Mitch was in Nicole’s room but Nicole wasn’t there…

“Adam…she’s gone…she left. If I had been up here earlier I would have caught her.” Mitch said.

“Mitch…I’m sorry, man.” I said, not knowing what else to say.

     “What happened? Why’d you come upstairs? I thought you were with Jerome.” Mitch said.

“Uh it’s complicated to explain…why don’t you just go downstairs and see. I’m going to try and get Ty downstairs.” I said as I exited the room.

I knocked on Ty’s door and there was no response.

    “Ty…we need you downstairs…something happened. We got a note from them…the people who took Destiny and Jason. They want money…a lot of it…” I said, leaning against the door.

Ty suddenly opened the door and I stumbled, barely catching myself.

“H-how much money?” Ty asked.

     “40 000 dollars for one person.” I responded.

“Heh…all the world wants is money now. The things people do to get it fucking amazes me… At least the problem is solved now. Just give them $80 000 dollars and then we’ll be fine.” Ty said.

“It’s not that simple. We get one person back with 40 000 and the other… I don’t know. They said we get one person back and the other has to stay there…until we meet with them again.” I said.

“What…?” Ty asked.

“I think you should come downstairs and see the note. I can’t explain very well and I think we would work better together to think about how we are going to get the money.” I suggested.

"W-wait...Adam. I think I know why Nicole left. Well at least part of the reason..." Ty said, guilt filling his voice.

I looked straight into Ty’s eyes, worried about his next words. 

“The day after we got back from the hostage place, I felt like crap for not being able to save…Jason… So I did the first stupid thing I could think of and got completely drunk. I don’t know what the fuck I was thinking or doing but I hurt her and forced a kiss on her…” Ty said, regretful and guilty. 

“Ty…you need to tell Mitch. I think he should have a right to know…” I said, shocked by what Ty had told me. He made the same mistake again and this time is with one of his close friend’s girlfriend. It’s even worse when everything is already messed up and tense. 

“Adam…I know I fucked up so bad but please don’t tell Mitch. At least not yet…with everything that’s going on, I don’t think Mitch will let it go easily… When Jerome kissed her, Mitch beat the shit outta him and Jerome been his best friend for like 8 years…”