08 | of outlandish occurrences

Start from the beginning

"That sketch looks awfully familiar!" Theon piped in again, tapping Lysandra's shoulder.

"Such a dumbass," she breathed to herself. "It's our locality, Einstein."

"Yeah, right," he said, raising his fisted hands up into the air. "Was Kenna good to you, by the way? When she dropped you off the other day."

"Yeah. She was really sweet."

"Strange," Theon mused. "She doesn't really warm
up to new people so quick."

"Looks like I've got the charm then," declared Lysandra dryly.

"I bet Laurent would agree to that. One hundred percent."

"Shut up. Please."

Theon had spent the whole hour teasing the hell out of Lysandra while she shot back all of his attempts with a sly comment or two of her own, all the while moving her pencil on the paper, the graphite moulding into a beautiful masterpiece.

Pacing back and forth in her room, Lysandra fisted her hands and looked up at the ceiling cursing herself for being so incapable and dumb

Pacing back and forth in her room, Lysandra fisted her hands and looked up at the ceiling cursing herself for being so incapable and dumb. A bruise coloured her cheek, spreading to the corner of her lips. Her ribs and stomach had their fair share of discoloured areas littered all along but, her problem was with her face as she had a gathering to get to and she was not too sure if the family audience would prefer her roughed up appearance.

She had bought a concealer on her way home but, owing to her utterly bad knowledge of beauty products, she had picked the wrong shade. She was used to lining her eyes perfectly with black kohl, suiting her grungy appearance and that was that. She never needed any other extravagant makeup skills to go on with her life. Her antisocial persona had not allowed her to go to the store's workers for help either.

Lysandra was stuck, unable to think of any solution to get out of the trouble she was in. She had almost considered calling up Laurent and making up and excuse that she could not come with. Her pride, however, stopped her as she convinced herself that she would not break her promise no matter the circumstances.

Lysandra had thought of asking Jade for help but, she called home informing them of her additional work hours that day. Adrianna was out of question if she ever wanted a person to ask for help. That was a matter of great conflict and it had been an hour since she had been doing nothing but walking back and forth the four walls of her bedroom.

"Fucking hell," she groaned and grabbed the bottle of concealer, pacing down to Adrianna's room and knocking on the door.

"Jeremy, I swear to God, if you are at the door with another stupid video game of yours, I will gladly throw all of them off in the trash!" Adrianna snapped through the closed door.

"It's me," Lysandra said just as the door opened and her sister stood right in front of her, scowling. I am just as elated as you are Adrianna, she thought, facing the caramel eyes.