I'll Cry If I Want To

-Jacob's POV

I make my way home and see Crystal on couch watching a movie. She turns to me and I turn my back to her running up the stairs. I take out all my medicine tired of it and shove it in the trash can. I laugh at how concerned I was before on taking these stupid things. I treat Crystal just fine and I'm fine without these drugs.

I clean my face chuckling at how much Crystal's face must hurt if she cleanses her face. I change into sweatpants and a t-shirt ready to relax. I see Crystal making the bed for me and I take her arm shoving her way so I can climb in bed. She sighs and starts walking out the door.

"Come here."I demand and she turns around standing next to me looking at her feet. "Get in bed."

She lays down at the edge of the bed making all the stupid throw pillows divide us. I push them off the bed and go behind her pulling her into me. Crystal tugs on a pillow shoving her face into it. I hear her crying and groan letting her go. "I'm sorry." She says and wipes under her cheeks.

"What are you crying for?" I sit up and she turns to me with wet cheeks.

"Why are you acting like this Jake?" She places her hand on my cheek and I quickly knock it off. "Have you been taking your medication?"

I quickly slap her shaking my head. "How dare you!"

Crystal holds her cheek pulling the blankets over her head. I hear her sniffling and groan moving away from her. I begin to leave the room but I hear her run after me. I turn around and there she is in her tank top and shorts watching me. Crystal reaches for my hand and wraps her cold fingers around mine. "Look at me Jacob."

I see her bruises and look away a little ashamed. How could she have this affect on me. She places her hand on my cheek making me turn my attention to her. "What?" I say with a cracked voice.

I back up and she continues walking to me. "Don't you love me?"

"Crystal get off of me."

"No." She says and pushes the half open door shut. "How could you do this to me! I've never done anything to you and you punch me and you kick me and you slap me as if I'm some rag doll. Do you think I deserve that!"

"Stop raising you voice at me!"

"Or what you'll slap me again?" She shakes her head walking around me and opening the door making it slap against my back. I turn around grabbing her hair and pull her back.

"You have some nerve." I push her down on the ground like I did yesterday and hang over her.

Crystals grabs my hand before my fist connects with her face. "Jacob please." She pleads as her hand shakes while attempting to hold me away.

I groan and raise up walking away. She's lucky. I pour myself a drink while I'm down stairs and head back up slowly. I see no sight of Crystal and lay in bed peacefully. I hear ruffling in the closet and Crystal comes out with a weekender bag. She starts to head for the door but I jump up to run after her. I hold her wrist in mine and she stops turning to me slowly.

"Where you going?" I grab her bag out her hand and throw it in the corner.

She sighs. "I just want to leave. Don't do this to me."

"Crystal you were fine this whole month. Now you want to leave?" I say personally annoyed. I grab her wrist and wrap my fingers around her limb tightly.

She groans. "It's my birthday. Can I get a pass." Crystal starts prying my fingers from around her wrist.

"It's not your... Baby I'm so sorry." I apologize once I realize. I sigh dropping my head. "I forgot."

Crystal nods and tries looking around for anything. She bites her lip finally looking down. I tug on her arm and she follows me. She sits on the bed and I reach under the mattress handing her the gift I got for her. I did get her a gift my timing was just off.

"I don't want any gifts." She hands the gift back to me and lays back on the bed sighing.

I crawl over Crystal and she jumps under me. When I reach to brush a piece of lint from her cheek she covers her face to defend herself from my harmful hand. "I'm sorry! I'll take the gift!" She screams loudly.

"I wasn't going to hit you." I reach for the gift and get off of her. She takes it in her hand. "Open it!"

Crystal smiles slightly and opens the box. Her sullen face raises when she sees the Louis Vuitton bag I got her. I knew she desperately wanted it so I wanted to make her happy. Her tiny arms wrap around me as I chuckle at her reaction. She kisses me and before she can pull away I flip her on her back.

My hands roam her body slowly as I work my lip against hers. She reaches up running her hands through my curl only making me want her more. With one hand I one button her jeans and forcefully pull it down making her giggle. Her moans flow out of her mouth when I roam to her neck to place kisses. Crystal's short breath gets my blood hot and I place my hand in her jeans rubbing her slowly. "Oh shit".

•••

Crystal falls off of me laughing at all we did as she settled in the sheets. Instead of laying against my chest she crawls into the corner laying silently. I reach out for her to come over but she declines my offer and I pushes me off. I groan laying there then get up not getting her roller coaster emotions.

I slip on my jeans while she still lays there without a question to where I'm going. I spray cologne on and fix my afro making sure I look good.

"Where are you going?" She finally ask with an attitude raising in her voice.

I turn to her on my heels and shove my hands in my pockets. "I'm staying here with you. Not with your attitude."

Crystal shoves the blanket from her and reaches for her robe. She shoves me back completely annoyed. "Are you serious?"

I chuckle and start walking towards the door. Crystal comes from behind me and takes my wrist in hers. I turn around to her pulling her to me. "What?" I say softly and wrap around her waist.

"You can't leave." She got jokes.

I let out a soft breath and brush my fingers down her ass. "But I can so I am." I let go off her turning around walking out my room. Crystal slams the door behind me making a grin appear on my face. I run down the stairs heading to my car.

Crystal can spend her birthday alone. What do I care?

••••••••••••••

Will things ever change?