Bye

Crystal's POV

I pull my knees to my chest as Jacob bends down to face me. His eyes were soft but I can tell he wants to hurt me. He's moving to quick and why is he bending down to my face unless he wants to grab it. I quickly acknowledge my whole body in attempt to remember how it feels to not be swore. Jacob's hand lays on my check and I look down scared.

"Crystal?" He says softly and I look at him. His soft eyes have something bigger behind him. He's not nice. This is a front. A way for me to let my guard so he can hurt me. Jacob sits on the floor with me once I don't answer back and pulls off his coat. I look at him with my foot shaking slightly. "I'm sorry. I'm not trying to hurt you."

"Yes you are Jacob." All he does is lie. He's always tried to hurt me.

He sighs. "You've been like this for a month." His hands rest on my arms as I try to figure out what he's talking about. Jacob looks down to the ground quickly and back to me. "I think counseling may help. Do you want to do that? Counseling?"

I don't answer him I just stare him in his eyes. Why would he want me to go to counseling? He abuses me more if people know and now he wants me to go confess everything? It must be a trap or something. "It's not as bad as it sounds. It's good to get your feelings out. Talk about them. I'd give you some of my medicine but I don't know if you are sick or if you are bi-polar. I'm not a doctor Baby girl but something's wrong with you."

"There's nothing wrong with me!" I get up from sitting in the corner and storm off down the stairs. Nothing is wrong with me. I don't harm myself, I don't harm other people like Jacob does. I'm just sad and afraid, that's not an illness. I'm aware of this situation I'm in, that's not an illness. I get that I'm bound to be hurt in this house and that's not an illness.

I'm not sick. I don't need medicine and I sure as hell am not falling for that trap of counseling.

Jacob comes down the stairs as I peel an apple. I just want an apple. He quickly runs to me telling me to stop. Jacob snatches the metal peeler out my hand throwing it on the counter. His face looks down at my hands which are held in his. I scrunch my eyebrows up at the blood rushing in to the creases of his hand coming all from me. "How'd that happen?" I whisper to myself and raise my bleeding fingers up confused. Did he do this to me?

"Fuck." He mutters and raises his hand to his head twisting his curl into his hair, pulling out one single strand, and yanking it until it's in pieces. "Alright um, we can fix it. It's fine don't cry." Jacob hugs me as my eyes water. What is happening to me.

He pulls away quickly after and picks me up to place me on the kitchen counter. I watch the peeling skin of my fingertips and my broken nails. Jacob dips my fingers in water and it burns slightly but not that much. He pulls his phone out and I watch him wondering what he's doing. "This website says that you should go to the doctor."

"I don't want to go." I say and pull my bleeding fingers out feeling the sting. Jacob nods and reaches in the bottom cabinet pulling out bandaids. He takes a towel and drys my fingers purposely making them hurt.

"Why'd you do this to yourself?" He ask and I screw my eyebrows together. He did this to me. When did I peel off the skin of my fingers? I wouldn't do this to myself. I don't harm myself. He harms me.

I don't say anything just glare at my fingers until four of them are bandaged. Jacob steps back throwing the bloody water away. I get off the counter and quickly fall on the ground. "Shit Crystal." He yells after something breaks on the floor. It was my ankle. The ankle he permanently fucked up. He picks me up and I lean on to my right leg seeing that my left isn't stable. He goes over to pick up the remains off a glass bowl that fell out his hands after he heard me.