Follow The Arrows

I was still scared of Jacob. I never got hit in my life by anybody, not even my parents. That night I stayed in the room with him but didn't really go to sleep until he got up which was at about six. I woke up and the sharp pain in my cheek was still there. My green eyes were red from all the crying. I got up and saw a note by my bed.

Follow the arrows.

I looked down and there were white arrows. I smiled remembering The Notebook, my favorite movie. I got up and smelt food. I started to follow the arrows which lead downstairs. When I looked at the second floor I was amazed.

There was a big banner across the ceiling saying I'm sorry! in big red letters. I continued with the arrows and it lead me outside to the beach. I stepped in the sand and Jacob was there waiting for me with a whole big breakfast on a table he set up.

I walked over to him and sat down. He smiled at me and I gave him a half smile.

"Good afternoon sleepy head." He looks at his watch. "You know its one in the afternoon."

"Oh." I look down at my plate and it was scrambled eggs with sausage and a fruit salad in a bowl next to it.

"Crystal come on I'm sorry."

I put my arm on the table and lean my head on my hand. "Sorry doesn't fix it."

"Babe I love you just give me another chance."

I look up at him then at the waves. "You knew what you were doing. You told me to go upstairs. You had time to think that through."

"I know Crystal, I know I just made the wrong choice. I have anger issues and I loss my temper easily. It won't happen ever again baby."

"Promise?"

"Yeah I promise."

"Okay."

*•*•*•*•*•*•

Comment and vote! Please tell me what you dislike or like about this book. I really hope you guys are enjoying it but I don't know.