Smart Man

Crystal's POV

Jacob is driving me crazy and I'm secretly afraid that he already has driven my crazy. What if I'm crazy? What if I need drugs to maintain a regular mindset? He would have done that to me. I don't understand him anymore, before I had a little bit of an understand but now it's different. Now he just wants to hurt me because he can. He doesn't have a purpose or an explanation as to why he feel the need that he wants me to endure the pain of his forceful fist but that doesn't stop him.

Of course since he wants to hurt me I hurt him back. He punches me, I punch him back which seems like this is a boxing match not a relationship but without his crazy eyes we are okay together.

I get that it's an issue of why don't I leave him but it's different. I left him before and almost cried my eyes out. And with him being in such a horrible place right now I don't think he should be alone. Of course o think about running to my dad's house and living there but I have these horrible dreams that he finds me and it just makes him more bad so I stay. Some people may not understand it but all I know is that I don't want to leave. It's my choice to stay here no matter how terrible my life may become.

Jacob sets a blank sheet of paper in front of me with a pen next to it. "You should write your father a letter for thanking him for dropping all those expensive classes."

"Wha-" I begin to say but I see that in his face he is mad so I turn to the paper. Dear Dad. "Why?" I ask and look up at him.

"Because I want you not to. Why is everything an issue with you."

"It's not but Jacob-"

"But Crystal!" he mimics my what seems to be sad face and turns around to adjust his tie in the mirror. "I'm going to work."

"Are you mad at me for something?" In a dream I imagined that he was mad I was able to be sane. That's the reason he's doing this to me. Trying to drive me up this hill to crazy town.

Jacob shakes his head and bends down kissing me. His smile against my lips and slight bite at my bottom lips make me blush as he pulls away. "I love you"

I nod. "I love you too but Jacob we-"

"I have to leave." He interrupts me and starts walking out the room. I crumble the paper and throw it in the garbage. I call my dad and he picks up quickly.

"So I heard about you and Jacob's talk..." Apparently, based off what my dad told me, Jacob said I was to scared to talk to my dad about my "passion for touring the world" then finishing school. Like I'm trying to hop on a airplane and fly to Japan to just be home sick. (Oh God this place is my home). When I come off the phone I can still hear the disappointment laced in every word my dad said as she spoke to me. I should tell him but honestly school is school and maybe finishing it right now won't be my best thing to do.

Maybe I just need to focus on getting Jacob better and myself in the process.

Jacob comes home with his phone to his ear and his hand in his pocket. I turn to him then walk somewhere to act like I have something to do. Once I come back upstairs Jacob turns to me smiling. "Dinner?"

"I didn't make any. I was- I didn't make any."

"Well then we go out. You look a little sick there." He walks over to me and lays his hand on my forehead feeling it. He reaches down to my cheek and cups my jaw in in his hand. "You look pretty. What is that eyeshadow?"

I reach my hand up to get what he's talking about as he walks away. I look in the mirror and only she the bruising under my eye from him. "You're always such an ass! I love you that's why I'm here to help you but you're an ass!"

"Crystal you are here because you have this crazy love for me and I love you. Accept our relationship as is and we can be happy."

"Don't make me feel so bad." I say and find myself holding his arm like he holds mine. Jacob looks down at my hand and take it squeezing it between his fingers. "Goddamn it I love you!" I scream and slam him across the face. Jacob lets go of me and steps back smiling.

He stands up straight and smirks. I blink slowly then he places me against the wall. I look up into his shadow. "I could kill you if I wanted."

"Well I can do the same thing."

Jacob chuckles softly. "You couldn't kill someone you loved Crystal." he lays his lips along mine and kisses sweetly.

•••

I walk to Jacob while biting on my lower lip. He looks at me and pats his lap for me to sit but I sit down next to him. Jacob smirks and pushes his hand behind my back pulling me over by my waist then resting his hand on the zipper of my shorts. "Wanna take a boat ride?"

I nod and stand up to go get a hat so my hair isn't going anywhere. Jacob pulls on some shoes and walks out to the beach smiling. I follow behind him hopping as I place my flats on. I wait patiently on the sand watching the sun as Jacob unties the boot from the dock. "Come here love." He calls for me and I step on to the small boat going in the front to sit on the bench lining the inside on the boat. Jacob starts in and I can feel him staring at me so I make sure I'm paying attention to what he's doing.

"So I haven't been taking my medication." He says once were out really far, so far that I can barely see his house. "My mom's dying. I think maybe that's the reasons for me wishing to hurt you." He sits down in front of me leaning forward.

"You wish to hurt me? You do hurt me."

Jacob shakes his head. "I've wanted to do a lot worse to you then I have. You know that doctor doesn't suggest me going out on boats without my 'mind saving' medication." Jacob lets out a soft chuckle and runs his finger over his chapped lips. "Smart man."