Breathing

Jacob's POV

I'm sane more now than ever. Crystal on this boat being beautifully scared as I tell her about my sanity. Her parted lips widening as I go on about doctor suggestions and pills and my personal mindset. You'd think she would ask me to take her back to the house but she's stuck with this strangely twisted look on her face. I guess it is love that's making her stay silent or maybe she's simply too young and too innocent for my behavior.

I pull my tongue across my lips and lean forward looking into her eyes. "You're beautiful you know that?"

Crystal starts crying suddenly, maybe for me or maybe for herself. I lean forward and kiss her as her salty tears spread to my skin and some fall to our lips. I lean forward causing her to lean back over to boat. Under me she panics and her hands grip on to my shoulders to avoid falling. I feel the small boat tilting as all the weight sums up to one side. I pull my lips away from Crystal and she grips on to me tighter. "Are you scared?"

"Stop playing Jacob." She pleads and I step back as her hands let go of my clothing. I sit down across from her and she cries heavily and deeply. I look around her at the peaceful water then back to her.

"You're sick." She shakes her head and stand up to go steer the wheel back but I pull her making her fall onto me. I place my hand over half her face and over her ear watching her unsteady breathing patterns. "What are you gonna kill me?" She blurts out annoyed by the intensive looking.

"I would but then who could I love Crystal? And you're so beautiful, ending your life would end your breathing and you'll get blue and so extremely pale. I couldn't stand that. I couldn't stand seeing you at a funeral with your lips together and your brown eyes glued shut."

Crystal gets up and turns the boat around heading toward the house. I look down at my hands still feeling her in them and being confused as to why she isn't there anymore. She notices my staring and sucks her lips together pressing more on the gas to go. I walk over to her and she watches me. I hug her and start crying like she does. Crystal rubs my back slowly whispering sweet words over my loud gasp for air. I swear this type of crying can make you feel like you can die from loss of oxygen.

I keep squeezing Crystal tighter and tighter because the more I hug her the less I feel her and the more I smell her the more my nose adapts to her smell. She squeals under me and tries to push me off so I loosen up once my body feels her just enough. "Please don't leave me Crystal. I'm sorry okay? You're all I have. Just you. You can't leave me." I hold her tighter and she hugs me back.

"You have to stop."

I sigh lightly. "I will just don't leave me."

"You're lying."

Her arms loosen from around me and I step back letting her go. I look at her then to the floor. "I have a horrible mind right now."

"Well that doesn't mean-"

"Crystal if you leave I'll kill myself." I step closer to her and hold her face in my hands. She can't leave, maybe her love isn't that strong, but she can't leave. "You'll be the cause of it. You can't. I'll be lonely and rich with no one to talk to. I'm sick Crystal. I'm a sick man who needs medicine to think straight I need someone." I say. It's true I need someone, I need her. I get I treat her bad and maybe her being around me all the time isn't good for her health but I can't be okay with her leaving.

I wait for her to say someone thing but she doesn't. Instead she stares behind me. "Are you okay?"

Crystal shakes her head and moves from in front of me to sit in the front, by herself. She buries her fingers in her hair and tilts her head to her legs. I steer the boat back and she gets off quickly running into the house. I tie the boat up and walk in kicking off my damp shoes. Once I go upstairs I see her sleeping on her side of the bed. I smile lightly and turn my head to the NyQuil groaning. She's obsessed with it suddenly. It's like if she doesn't take these she doesn't sleep and I find it so strange. Why would you want to take pills into your body, I can't stand them and she won't stop taking them.

I shake her awake and she groans as she tries to wake up. Once her eyes open she jumps out of bed to see me. Her eyes filled with worry. "What happened Jacob?"

I bit my lip and show her the bottle. "You can't take these anymore."

Her lips part like she's shocked but she nods. "Okay."

"I'm not going to hurt you Crystal relax."

Crystal nods her head and looks down. "Fine."

•••••••

Do you think Jacob will harm himself if Crystal leaves him?😰

Do you still think Crystal should leave him? 🏃🏽

What's your thoughts on her taking NyQuil?😴

Comment and vote!!😄