Attemps at Helping

Jacob's POV

"Jake I'm pregnant." She says causing me to laugh. Not that this matter is funny but by her body it's obvious she is pregnant. I don't know how I feel about her being pregnant, I should think about this more but right now I'm just happy to see her. I can't believe I haven't talked to her in half a year. What the fuck was I thinking?

I place my hand on Crystal's stomach feeling the roundness of it. She stares at my hand until I break her stare by kissing her. I couldn't resist how plush her lips come off in the light. Crystal giggles slightly as our lips part then looks down. "Um can we come in?"

I look back at the house seeing if my mom is anywhere to be seen. My mom is staying with me currents because she is sick and I found out I don't hate my mom. She's not my favorite person but I defiantly don't hate her.

Crystal comes in with a lady following behind her. The blonde hair women turns to me with her hand out for a hand shake. "I'm Gene, Crystal's counselor."

Crystal turns back to us nodding. "I've been having a hard time adjusting and stuff so she helps me."

"I had one of these." I laugh at how objective I'm being. "I'm sorry. I've had a counselor when I was younger."

Gene nods and turns her attention to Crystal but I think she's just observing her face. Crystal turns her back to us to look at my new house. I just moved in three months ago and I must say, I'm liking it. It's such a family home and I like that about it. Now that I have a baby on the way we can have a nice place for kids.

"There's a family room in here." I point out and Gene walks ahead of us sitting down facing the couch. I watch her smooth her dress over her lap and place her gum into a paper to put it back in her bag. Crystal turns back to me then sits down on the couch sighing softly. I sit next to her watching her stomach now feeling the truckload of emotions from being an expected father.

"Shit." I mutter under my breath thinking about the both of us. I'm not saying we are unfit parents but we aren't the most fit. She had to move away from me to be mentally stable and I have bipolar disease. What the fuck can our baby have? What if I fucked up our baby? "Shit."

Crystal clears her throat and stretched her hand to her neck giving it a firm rub. If Gene wasn't here I'd take care of her but I think her counselor will jump on me if I put my hands on her a certain way. "I'm having a boy." From her shaking hands I can tell this is a little too much for her. I love her so much. I know my past has made her the way she is right now but j swear I've changed. I never stopped taking my pills and my mother pisses me off more than anyone yet I still am able to contain myself. I'm doing better and by the looks of it she is too.

Crystal rubs her stomach coughing every once and awhile. Her shrink looks at me and leans back in the chair writing something down. "How do you feel about the baby."

I smile and push my fingers through my short cut. "I'm happy. How does your dad feel about it?"

Crystal shrugs letting out a nervous chuckle. "He's not happy about it. I understand if you aren't happy about it but you don't have to be apart of my sons life. Having a father is great and all but I don't want to force anyone to be around us." She says quickly. Her voice is so sturdy that it sounds like she may have practiced saying that in the mirror. I wanna be a dad.

"No I'm happy."

"Well you look nervous."

"I'm nervous and happy." I smile at her only to get her head tilted down to her lap. "Mostly happy."

Crystal nods and pulls out her phone search for something. When she find whatever it is she hands me the phone and it's just a picture of a building on it. "My new apartment. I'm moving out currently and you should know where your son will be."

I huff looking at the raggedy apartment that is the size of my first house. It's obviously worn down and I'm sure there is malodorous air circulating where she plans to raise our son. Not to be judgmental but a daughter of a millionaire shouldn't have to subject herself to this type of tight living, especially if her baby dad is on his way to being a billionaire.

"It's not a lot obviously but I'm paying for it." Crystal takes her phone proudly shoving it into her bag again. I don't understand women and this independence thing. If she has the right to ask me for money then why doesn't she, my fucking barber ask me for money and yet she's too proud to say that where she is planning to live sucks.

I look at her counselor to see if she's on the same page as I am but I just get a blank stare back. "Look I can buy you a condo."

"But I didn't ask for one." Crystal shakes her head while rubbing her hands on her baby bump. "I don't want a big empty house and I'm not saying where I'm planning to live is preparing me for a life of luxury but at least my son can know I supported him."

"Crystal you don't have too."

"Oh all you men are so sexiest. Why can't I work when I'm pregnant? And why do you feel the need to offer me a living area when I didn't ask for one?"

I shrug frankly annoyed. "I'm only trying to help you."

"Well I didn't ask for it Jacob."

I throw my hands up and fall into the couch cushions. If she doesn't want my help them I don't care. She flip hamburgers all she want. "If you don't want my help then that's fine."

"Fine."

-*_*_*_*_

What do you think of Crystal now?

Do you hate or like Jacob?

Do you think things will change?

Sorry I haven't updated for a while. Thank you so much for reading!

Comment and vote.