Chapter Eight- Bellamy

She was sat staring at him, lips slightly parted, blue eyes wide.

"We live in smart spaces." He explained "Londinium is made up of around 400 high-rises, each containing about 1000 smart homes, houses haven't been built for about 700 years. We no longer have the space to expand on such a small level, every development utilises all the space it possibly can."

He watched her take in all the information he had loaded onto her- why did he feel the need to have to explain everything to her? He waited nervously until she spoke.

"That makes sense." She smiled, her eyes sparkling. He breathed out a sigh of relief, she had every reason to judge him and the time he came from, his life was so different from the perfect life she came from.

"Come on." She stood suddenly, grabbing his arm to pull him up so he was stood next to her. They walked together down the street, he wanted so badly to take in everything around him, listen to what she was saying. But his heart was in his throat and his mind on her hand, which was wrapped around his lower arm, she couldn't possibly know what she was doing to him.

If he knew 100% that this was a dream and she wasn't real, he would have pushed her into the ally way and kissed her senseless. But something was telling him that she was real, and the idea of that was beyond anything he could begin to comprehend.

He shook the images of him pressing her against a wall as he kissed her from his mind as they rounded the corner. He concentrated hard on what she was saying, knowing he would end up making a fool of himself if he didn't.

"That's the First World War memorial, the steps we were sat on were the steps of the Second World War memorial, the names on them are the people who died fighting, from around here." She sighed, her face suddenly sad.

"Please tell me that in a thousand years we as a species have realised that war has never accomplished anything."

He frowned. How to describe it? "We still have wars" he stared, quickly going back to explaining as he saw her eyes grow wet from tears.

"No one dies though. It's more like cyber warfare. You know, destroying another nation's technology. All cities now rely on technology like we rely on air to breath, by hacking into another nations systems you can do a lot of damage, set them back a few decades and even steal their technology."

Pippa's eyes grew wide, she quickly wiped the silent tears that had escaped and were rolling down her cheeks. She shook her head and sighed.

"I guess war is war in any sense, it's sad though, don't you think- that we can't learn to get along." She released his arm, leaving him cold and confused- he said something wrong, oh jeez Bell, come on man!

He followed her down the street silently, trying to figure out how to make her smile again.

----

UPDATE- Don't worry previous readers, your not going insane! I have uploaded the chapter so that each POV gets it's own chapter!