Chapter Four- Bellamy

The shrill of the morning alarm roused Bellamy from his sleep. Rolling over he swiped his hand in front of G.I.L.E.S (gesture and Iris living everyday system) stopping the alarm. He scrunched his eye, trying to remember as much of his dream as possible. Not much had happened, he had just walked around an old city from one of the holographic textbooks he had found the day before.

He stood and stretched his fingers brushing the ceiling with his fingertips. The sterile white of the small box room he called home lit up as G.I.L.E.S recognised his presence in the room. Waving open the only window he stared out watching the morning stream of workers head to their designated stations for the day.

The Green uniforms of the medical staff all converged into the trains heading north, towards the hospital.

The Blue uniforms of the technicians all headed south to the vaults that stored the life system of the city.

Red uniforms of service workers were scattered throughout the crowds, heading towards the shops and food outlets- Or for the people rich enough to afford staff, the service workers would be heading towards the east side of the city, where government buildings stood tall and the housing consisted of much more than a measly white box room.

The Black uniforms of the guards patrolling the pathways were scarce, but that was because for every guard on the street there were 4 more in the tunnels beneath the streets. If a hint of disorder was ever felt you could be rest assured that security would always be there. Ready. Waiting.

There was the occasional flash of brown, the farmers, but they would just be elected representatives coming to talk to the government for whatever reason. The farmers hardly ever ventured into the cities centre.

The white uniforms of the Government workers stood out the most, due to the path people would make to let them through. A sign of respect no matter what level they were. No one wanted to offend whoever was in charge, or could be in charge.

Bellamy was a blue. He would spend every day in the vaults. Reprogramming the technology from the past that had yet to be uploaded to the server. The hologram room, where he would watch history that no one had heard of or read books no one had seen or films no one had watched in living memory except him.

Of course this meant that he had one of the highest levels of security in the building, the government had handpicked him for the job- his level of intelligence was above average and he showed a good understanding of the advanced technology required to decode the ancient technology.

With the new position comes a room at the top of the only tower dedicated to the technology sector, and a PA to organise his work schedule.

Although he had been flattered at the Governments assessment of him and the promotion that had come along with it- exceptionally rare at his tender age of 21- he held no pretences about why he was really picked for the job.

His father was a leading government official, thought to be a possible contender as the next President and his mother was the hospitals leading Doctor. High expectations and secrecy had always been a part of his life. It was coming up to a year now since the promotion and his 22nd birthday was looming ever closer.

The gentle hum of his bed retracting into the wall and the 'ding' from the kitchen brought him out of his daydream. Taking his coffee out of the hatch and pressing in his order for breakfast he sipped slowly careful not to scold himself. The 'ding' only a minute later signalled his scrambled eggs were ready.

"Giles, table out and today's report please" he said making his way over to the window were a table and chair for one rose out from the floor.

"Today is Thursday September 3rd. The time is 7:37. You have one message from your mother." The autonomic voice said before playing the message.