Chapter Sixteen- Bellamy

The most annoying sound, Bellamy had decided, was the alarm set to wake him each morning. It is not as though G.I.L.E.S understood. It was just an automated voice attached to a machine.

Everyone woke up at this time, it was just how things were done. Life started in Londinium at 7:30am.

Waving his hand in the air to silence the alarm, Bellamy decided to keep his eyes closed for just a little bit longer.

The wonderful sugar sickness he had been feeling a few moments before had disappeared completely. In fact, he was hungry.

A small bell chimed through his room, telling him that even first thing in a morning he could not escape his mother.

Rolling out of bed, he waved his hand over the lit up area of the screen that hung on his wall, telling him he had received a message.

He scanned his mother's message quickly, the familiar plummeting feeling that came from interacting with her settling in his stomach.

She had sent him a link to an available living unit. It had an open plan living and dining area, two bedrooms and bathroom. It was six times the size of the unit he was in now.

Perhaps if he bought the unit it would get his mother off of his back about marriage, he wondered hopefully.

"G.I.L.E.S, bring up my credits."

The number 1,000,000 appeared on the screen.

The amount of money he had saved was another reason why he refused to marry. He knew that there was a high chance they would only have married him for his money and status.

The unit he was living in currently cost him 10,000 credits. The unit his mother had send him cost 150,000.

He'd had enough of looking, and could at least tell his mother that he was considering the unit. Waving his hand, the screen went blank.

Turning around to the food shoot, he typed in his order of breakfast.

"G.I.L.E.S, tell me my work schedule." Bellamy asked, as his toast and jam along with a cup of coffee appeared in front of him.

"Monday to Friday, nine to five."

He sighed in relief. Work was the only thing that kept his mind occupied, especially as now he also had Pippa and the old world constantly on his mind.

"G.I.L.E.S, what time should I leave for dinner tonight?" He asked.

"You should leave at 4:30 PM." G.I.L.E.S replied as Bellamy pressed the buttons necessary for changing the single room from a bedroom to a day room.

"Eight hours." Bellamy smiled, sitting down on the arm chair that rose from the floor.

He settled down, laying his head back and shutting his eyes. His mind taking him back to laying on the picnic rug beside Pippa.

Much to his dismay, eight hours passed by far too quickly. With his day dreaming about Pippa and reading the latest news and articles on technology, it had flown by.

"G.I.L.E.S, my suit please." He said, his new suit appearing from behind the wall.

Moving begrudgingly, he washed and shaved, styled his hair and changed into his suit. Though he would never admit it out loud, he knew that Carlos, tailor extraordinaire, had made a wonderful suit- and that he looked good.

Leaving his unit, he kept his head down. The weekend always meant more people in the corridors. He slipped past a group of men, their casual clothes still showing their rank and work area from the colour. He knew his black suit would cause people to stare and talk.