Chapter Thirty- Bellamy

"Are they watching again?" Pippa asked as soon as she saw him. They had met on the corner of the street that lead to the high street, Pippa having started walking to meet him in the park like she had done the night before.

"No, I'm in bed at my parents' house. They are still reviewing and trying to decide what to do with the footage they took from last night. This time, it's just us." He replied, smiling at the fact he could give her some good news.

Pippa sighed in relief before jumping forward, wrapping her arms tightly around his waist, her head leaning forwards to rest on his chest.

"Thank goodness. I'm so, so sorry that this is happening to you Bellamy." She mumbled into his pyjama top.

He was taken back by the sudden act of affection towards him. "It's fine. Pippa, really. It's fine." He stuttered, wrapping his own arms slowly around her body, hoping to keep her in her place for just a few more seconds. He closed his eyes memorizing the way she felt pressed against him, the way her skin felt underneath her fingertips.

Because if what the documents said were true, then he would not fall asleep and wake to see her. She would be gone, and he would be alone.

"But it's awful, what they are doing to you, and it's because of me. I have no repercussions, but you... your life is changing and it's in a way that is not good for you."  She leaned backwards, Bellamy instinctively pulling her closer to him.

"My life is dull, since you came into it I have something to look forward to. The changes aren't too much." He replied, trying to comfort her.

"Bellamy, you can't honestly say that you're ok with the way you're being treated!" She asked, her eyes wide and searching.

He smiled down at her, her blue eyes capturing his own, drowning in worry and sadness.

"My parents have moved me out of my smart space, smaller than your bedroom and are forcing me to move to one with a bed that is permanently in place, and a kitchen area with a table that is always in place. There will be a living room with a window big enough for me to look out of when I am sat on a chair that doesn't retract to the floor." He explained, not letting on to her that, in fact, his little place was just the right size for him- and him, alone.

"That can't just be it, you've told me about the deal you made with your mother- all the consequences." Pippa replied softly, leaning back into his chest.

He prayed that she would not be able to hear his heart thudding in his chest as she leaned against him.

"My father's campaign is still on going, though he has already practically secured his position in the office. This is the show part, for the public. They think having me out there will help- I'm a mystery, I hardly ever go to the community rooms."

Her musical laugh lifted his spirits, she was no longer sad about it, though he failed to find what was funny about what he said.

"What?" He asked, looking down at her, aware of her breath on his cheeks, how close her lips were to his.

"You're mysterious, Bellamy Jezebel. To the people you live next to every day and to me." She replied, confusing him even further.

"I'm mysterious to you?" He said. "You know you can ask me anything, I will answer it. I don't want to be a mystery- not to you." He held her gaze, knowing she had understood when a small smile tugged at the corners of her lips. 

"I know, I like that you don't mind all the questions. You know, being mysterious is sometimes thought of as a good thing..." She giggled, pulling away from him.