Chapter Eleven- Pippa

Her eyes fluttered open, snuggling deeper into the bed she rubbed her eyes sleepily before gently stroking the pillow next to her. The memory of the night brought a wry smile to her lips. With her eyes fixating on a small mark on her ceiling she let her mind wander to Bellamy.

A gorgeous man. From the future. In her dream. He was real. She knew he was. He had to be. Rolling over she stared at the now empty space next to her, remembering how comfortable they had been laying there together.

Sighing she rolled over and grabbed a random book from her bedside table, spilling the contests of the table onto the floor. Ignoring the mess and vowing to clear it up when she got out of bed. She settled back into the plethora of pillows and opened the book, knowing if she didn't distract her mind from her time with Bellamy it would eat at her all day.

"Get up lazy head!" Her dad called out from behind the bedroom door. Her eyes flickered to the clock softly ticking on the wall. It was 11:37, she had been lost in a magical world for just over 4 hours. Her stomach growled with hunger as she reluctantly put the book down on the side and climbed out of bed- stepping over the small mountain of books on the floor.

Grabbing her cotton dressing gown she fastened the tie around her waist before heading downstairs after her dad.

"Morning daddy" she said kissing him on the cheek before reaching for the cereal, sadly eyeing the frying pan in the sink that had cooked bacon only hours ago.

"That's what you get for rolling out of bed this late" her dad chuckled as he noticed her sullen expression aimed at the sink.

"I was reading! You could have said something." She pouted as she poured in the milk.

"I could have done, but there were only four rashers left and I didn't feel like sharing." He dodged the empty milk carton that had been expertly aimed at his head before quickly grabbing his steaming mug of coffee and walking out.

"Love you too daddy!" Pippa shouted out after him laughing before starting on her bowl of cereal.

After scraping the milk from the bottom of the bowl she hurried back up the stairs for a nice long shower. Throwing on a pair of pale skinny jeans and a strappy grey vest top she made her bed and re-stacked the books from the floor into a neat pile on her bedside table. Settling into her desk chair she switched on the radio and as the latest songs filled the air she started to Google the random things on her mind.

'What will the future look like?' She watched as images filled the screen. Glass, white walls, solar panels and hover cars. She smiled softly, if she were to see Bellamy again she would have to ask him to paint her a detailed picture of what the future was like.

Clicking onto the next page she leaned back, taking in the new pictures dreaming of what he would be doing this time in a thousand years.

A page caught her eye. Clicking on it she realised she was looking at a scientific prediction of what the future would look like. She scrolled down the timeline.

Wars to fight for water recourses.

Wars to fight for food resources.

Technology advances in areas of science and computing.

Genetic remodelling creating a population susceptible to more diseases.

Nuclear warfare as tensions break between countries who want domination.

Half of the world's population in killed from the bombings

Famine and water contamination from radiation.

Three quarters of sea life is killed by radiation poisoning.

The world's population in halved again from lack of food and water.

Temperatures rise causing mass flooding, Tsunamis, earth quakes and heat waves.

The world's population is halved again due to natural disasters.

Humans left congregate together and use technology to build small 'bubble' cities to protect themselves from radiation and the interchangeable climate.

Humans either thrive of die off in these bubble cities depending on how they are managed as a society.

It is impossible to predict what technology and/or events in the solar system etc. would occur after this point.

Pippa gasped. Such horror. So much pain and death. She printed the page out and pinned it to her wall so she could ask Bellamy whether such events actually occured surely- humanity would not let such horrible things happen?

But she knew deep down that if faced with the possibility of acquiring more power and recourse that humanity would do anything to get them.