Chapter Thirty One- Pippa

The next few days flew by in a blur. While her days were busy and filled with getting together the things she needed to start university, her dreams were just as packed. Bellamy hadn't let her rest for one moment, instead carting her around the countryside visiting other interesting places he had looked up the day before. He insisted that the government was no longer watching him, but his behavior had become odd. Not to mention that her sunny dream world had all of a sudden turned into one giant wet puddle.

Each night she had returned the sky had become a little bit darker, the rain lashing down that little bit harder. Even at her insistence that normal people stayed inside during downpours, Bellamy still pulled her along to every Art gallery and museum he could locate.

Though they were not enough of a distraction to keep her eyes from wandering to the windows every time they had a chance.

He had refused to tell her what had been on his mind that night in the church, insisting again that he would tell her everything once he knew for certain what was happening. Each time she tried to bring up the topic he tactfully redirected the conversation.

But she knew he was doing it. And he knew she knew.

She was missing his warm touch, the way his hand enveloped hers when she held on to it. They had kept their distance from each other bar their time in the different cars they used to get place to place. The uncomfortable silence only broken by the sound of whatever music CD's she could find in the glove compartment box.

"What's on your mind darling?" Her mother asked, turning down the radio as she looked over, her eyebrows creased worriedly.

They were sat in the car, the wipers beating furiously, losing their battle against the rain that had not yet left her alone.

"Just thinking." She replied, curling up in the passenger seat, boosting the heater up.

"Thinking too hard can be bad for you." Her mother replied, teasingly.

They were on their way to the home store to buy all the kitchen essentials she would need. Though the irony of all 4 of her soon to be flat mates buying exactly the same kitchen essentials was not lost on her.

"I'll keep that in mind, thanks mum." Pippa replied, rolling her eyes. She was not in the mood to joke.

"You know you can talk to me about anything you need to, right?" Her mum said, turning into their road.

Pippa sighed heavily. This was the thing she could not talk to her mum about. "Yeah, I know mum."

They pulled into the driveway, Pippa jumping out and racing to the front door, her handbag over her hair to shied her from the rain.

The door swung open, and she quickly shrugged off her coat and pulled of her shoes. Her mum following slowly behind her.

"Hey beautiful ladies!" Her dad shouted from the living room.

Ducking her head inside the door, Pippa rolled her eyes at what was on TV. Her dad had to be the only man alive to voluntarily watch the trash that was on in the afternoon aimed at people her age.

"How is it that you have no actual taste?" She asked, jumping down next to him and flicking to a channel that was far more interesting to watch.

She laughed as a cushion flew past her face and landed on the floor. "If you're going to throw something, at least aim properly!"

"I won't miss next time then will I!" Her dad launched another cushion at her, missing again.

"Honestly, you two!" Her mother scolded, picking up the cushions, dusting them down before setting them neatly back onto the sofa.

"She started it." Her dad mumbled, getting up and stalking out of the room.

"While you're in the kitchen, could you make me a cup of tea? I've been trailing around every home store for your daughter" Her mum called out.

"Of course my darling." He called back.

"Daddy, I love you so much..." Pippa started.

"Make your own cup of tea!" His response made her laugh and then pout, realising that she wasn't getting a cup of tea.

She sat in silence, her mum watching the TV and her dad in the kitchen. Her mind wandered back to her dreams, back to Bellamy and back to the rain.