Chapter Twenty Seven- Pippa

"Bellamy?" Pippa asked, nudging him. "Bellamy, are you ok?" She said again.

Pippa was sat on the floor next to the slide in the park where Bellamy always woke up. She had become worried when he hadn't appeared at her house, or in the main park, or even in the high street. She had run in a panic to the small park on the other side of town.

Her brief moment of relief that Bellamy hadn't actually disappeared from her dream was quickly replaced with sadness and confusion. He was sat in a blue t shirt and matching plain trousers. Not his pyjama trousers. His sad and lost expression pulling on her heart.

"Will you talk to me, please?" She whispered, not wanting to push him too far.

They had been sat together on the floor in silence, for how long, Pippa had no idea.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered back, finally looking up at her.

"Sorry...? What do you mean?" She replied, completely confused as to what he could be sorry about?

"We're being watched." He said quietly, looking around the park conspicuously.

Pippa froze.

Watched?

She followed his gaze around the park, seeing nothing strange at all.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"They are live streaming my dream onto a screen, they are able to hear and see everything I do. Say hello to my parents, the medical staff of the dream sphere department, and I wouldn't be surprised if the President was watching as well."

Pippa scooted from beside him so she was looking straight into his eyes, her mouth slightly agape.

"Why?" She asked, searching his eyes- what for she wasn't quite sure.

Bellamy sighed, closing his eyes. "The box."

"I'm so sorry!" Pippa replied, before throwing herself into his arms, needing to give him a hug.

She sat herself across his lap as he wound his own arms around her body.

"What happened?" She asked after he had opened his eyes, not quite sure she wanted to hear how the box she had buried had apparently led to Bellamy's ultimate sadness.

"They found the box. You're real." He replied, squeezing her closer to him.

"But they're watching your dream?" She said, prodding him to continue with his explanation.

"Apparently entering someone else's unchanging dream is as unheard of in my time as in yours." He smiled ruefully.

Pippa bit her lip, wanting to say something about his government controlling him and his parent's expectations of how he was supposed to act. But she refrained. Because they were being watched.

"Yeah." Bellamy whispered to her, a knowing look in his eye as though he knew exactly what she was thinking.

A small smile flickered onto her lips as she thought of how they should spend the rest of their time together.

Jumping up out of his arms she extended her hand down to him.

"Come on. We are going to have some fun!" She said, urging him to stand up.

She smiled, happy with herself as he slowly stood up and brushed the grit from his clothes, taking her hand, ready to follow her.

"Fun sounds really good right now."