Chapter 58: Epiphany

Start from the beginning

Jaune looks up into the hole in the ceiling, observing the clashes of light in the clouds, followed by giant beams of energy, followed by more clashes of light.

Jaune: "He's going to be okay, Weiss. We just have to trust him."

Jaune (thoughts): 'Come on, little bro. You have to beat him.'

With Ozpin

Qrow is sent flying into the railing of the upper floor of the foyer while Ozpin's trying to fend off the combined assault from Hazel and Lionheart. He deflects two fireballs from Lionheart, but is then punched to the ground in a vicious strike by Hazel.

Hazel: "Hiding behind the face of a child? A monster like you must be stopped!"

Nora charges at him, jumping into the air wielding her hammer. Hazel catches it by the shaft and throws the ginger girl to the ground, separating her from the hammer. As she tries to get up, he leaves her no quarter when he grabs her head and starts electrocuting her while slamming her head into the ground.

Hazel: "How many more children must die for you!?"

Nora's screaming as Hazel's electricity is flowing into her body, but not in pain. She puts her hand on the hand holding her head down and starts overpowering him, letting the electricity flow through her, making her stronger. She throws the giant man over her shoulder, sending him across the room, shocked.

Ozpin: "His Semblance..." he begins as she picks up her hammer. "He can block out pain. It's how he's able to handle injecting so much Dust into his body."

She looks back at her opponent, who gets up from the throw.

Nora: "I don't need him to hurt..." He starts rushing her. "I just need him to GO DOWN!"

Winding up a strike with her hammer, she uses all her strength to bash him in the stomach, sending him flying through the air, making him crash through the wall of school and into the front courtyard.

With Adam

As they're setting up the explosives to destroy Haven, Adam and his White Fang guards see Hazel coming out of the school.

WFM 1: "What's going on in there?" he asks his High Leader.

Hazel: "None of your concern." he states in lieu of Adam as he gets up.

WFM 1: "Well then... what's going on up there?" he points to the sky.

In the distance on top of the school, they see at least two battles going on. Far in the sky above the school, there are multiple flashes of what look like green and purple lightning. Adam, knowing that green, flinches a little instinctually.

Adam: "Ignore them. Just focus on our mission."

Hazel takes out two crystals of fire Dust and injects them, one in each arm. He roars into the sky as red and yellow electricity surrounds his body from the Dust.

Adam: "Stay focused!" he tells his followers. "Our friends are almost done here."

Blake: "Adam!"

Coming from the rooftop opposite the front doors of the school stands Blake Belladonna, here to stop Adam and the White Fang.

Adam: "Blake?"

Hazel: "Who is that?"

Blake: "Stand down!"

The four White Fang members with Adam lock their aim towards Blake, ready to fire at the new obstacle.

Adam: "Wait!" he instructs. "Hahahaha! To think that I went through so much trouble to find you, only to have you deliver yourself to me."