Chapter 34: Running

Blake's POV

Blake was on a ship by herself. Since The Fall of Beacon, she had been running away. From Adam, from responsibility, from her own weakness. She's constantly watching over her back, as apparent from the fact that she looks over at two children laughing.

???: "Traveling alone?"

She's spooked and goes to draw her weapon at the unfamiliar voice. She see it's the captain of the ship speaking to her.

Captain: "Now now, no threat here. Just here to chat." He says with his hands in the air.

Blake: "And why is that?"

Captain: "Well, not many people travel by boat on their own. It can be quite a lonely voyage. But I've found that those that do tend to have the more... interesting stories."

That last line causes her to tense up.

Blake: "Maybe it's just better for some people to be alone."

She thinks back to Y/N and wants to think that isn't true.

Captain: "Haha! Maybe. But with your paranoia, I think a few friendly faces wouldn't hurt."

Blake: "Who says I'm paranoid?" She lashes out.

Captain: "Hahaha, no one dear. No one. I'll leave you be."

He walks off and leaves her alone with her thoughts.

Blake (thoughts): 'This is all I'm good for. He's better off without me.'

She takes off her bow, revealing her cat ears, and casts it adrift in the ocean. She walks off, but unknown to her, someone is watching. Unknown to everyone on the ship, something else is watching.

Yang's POV

Yang's just sitting on the couch. It's mostly what she's been doing since the Fall of Beacon. Only doing chores, watching TV. Given her trauma, it's understandable. She turns on the TV and sees the news.

Reporter: "...and no end in sight. Try as they might, the local Huntsmen and Huntresses can't seem to get a hold of the situation at Beacon Academy."

She changes the channel.

Reporter2: "Though the failsafes have supported wireless communication within the kingdom, the loss of the CCT tower continues to prevent contact with the outside world. Talks with Atlas officials regarding repairs have so far..."

She changes it again.

Reporter3: "Vale council voted this week to continue to ban any air traffic that does not have a direct correlation with evacuation. The council has made it clear that they feel..."

And again. She keeps flipping through the channels until she sees someone talking about Adam. At the mention of his name, she turns off the TV.

Summer: "I'm home!"

She leans back on the couch and sees her mom holding a few shopping bags and boxes.

Summer: "Guess what came in today?"

Yang: "What?"

Summer walks through the living room to the kitchen, where she puts everything down. Yang looks at her arm before her mom comes over with a large box and sets it down in front of her.

Summer: "Welllll?"

Yang: "It's... for me?"

Summer: "For you and you only."

Yang opens up the box and sees a robotic right arm.

Summer: "It's a new arm, state of the art. I thought I might've had to call in some favors, but you earned this all on your own Yang."