Chapter 5: Jaune Grows and Faunus Trouble

You're sitting your dorm, thinking about your situation.  Jaune's under Cardin's thumb, you can't tell anybody why, and Jaune's too stubborn to accept help.  Nora, Pyrrha, and Ren walk in.

Nora:  "Hey Y/N, have you seen Jaune?  He's been coming home late."

Ren:  "He's been rather busy since he started hanging with Cardin."

Y/N:  "I'm not his babysitter.  He can take care of himself."

Nora:  "Woah, what's with that attitude?  That's not like you."

Pyrrha:  "Yes Y/N, what's wrong?  We can try to help."

Y/N:  "Unfortunately, you cant, or rather, he wouldn't let you.  He won't let me and I'm his brother.  We're supposed to look out for each other."

Pyrrha and Nora come up next to you.

Pyrrha:  "Don't worry Y/N.  Whatever's happening with you and him, we'll support you."

Nora:  "Yeah!  I'll beat some sense into him."

Ren:  "Nora, please don't.  You might accidentally kill him."

Y/N:  "Thanks girls, I know you'll support us."  You get up to lean against the door.

Jaune's POV

Jaune managed to overhear everything.  Ruby sees him standing in the hall.

Ruby:  "Jaune?  Did you need to talk to Y/N too?  Are you two fighting?"

Jaune:  "No, it's not like that Ruby.  I messed up.  Cardin's got me on a leash, my brother's mad at me, and I'm starting to regret coming here.  I'm a failure."

Ruby:  "Nope.  You're a leader now Jaune.  You can't afford to be a failure.  And Big Brother's not mad at you.  If he were mad, he'd beat you up.  You can't afford to be a failure anymore because you have people who depend on you and you depend on them whether you like it or not and Y/N knows that.  Good night Jaune."  Ruby goes inside her dorm.

Jaune's scroll rings.

Cardin (on the scroll):  "Hey Jauney boy, I know you're busy with that dust project I gave you, buuut I'm gonna need you to grab me a bag of Rapier Wasps and make sure they have some really big stingers.  Don't screw it up."

Unknown to Jaune, Y/N heard that.

The next day, On a field trip.

Glynda:  "Here we are in the forest of Forever Fall.  It is pretty, but it is also dangerous.  You are here to study and I am here to protect you while doing so.  Your job here is to collect one jar of red sap.  Have fun."

Jaune goes to collect the sap for himself and Team CRDL.  When he's done, he goes back to Cardin.

Cardin:  "Great job buddy.  Now, you may be wondering 'Why did my buddy Cardin ask me to collect six jars of sap?'  Well, come with me and you'll find out."

The team goes over to where Teams JNPR (minus Jaune), Team RWBY, and Y/N are, but hide.

Cardin:  "It's time for payback."

Jaune:  "Y/N?"

Cardin:  "That's him.  Know-it-all, thinks he's so hot just because he has some slutty sluts falling over themselves for him.  Well, last night old Jaune here managed to round up these boys and now we'll put them to work.  According to that essay you wrote for me, these guys love sweets, so Jaune, take that sap and pelt your brother with it.  Either that or I'll talk to Goodwitch."

Jaune goes to throw it at Y/N.

Jaune:  "No.  I won't do it.  I won't hurt my brother!"  Jaune throws the bottle at Cardin.