Chapter 69: Noice

Check out the chapter number and title.
——————————————————————

Cinder's POV

Finding the path back to this place was difficult. Cinder could only vaguely remember where the cave exit was from when she found a way out of Haven Academy's Vault Chamber. It didn't help that this Grimm-like Roman laughed at every step of the way. Every time he did, she wanted to bash his head in, but she still needs him. For now.

Cinder: "Now you understand? I've got to get the Relic before it can be secured in Atlas. It's the only way that Salem-" she stops herself short. "It's the only way we can accomplish our goal."

Roman: "I don't know. Seems awfully risky." he admits.

He traces across the broken ground, etching in his mind what Y/N Rose is apparently capable of, this Vault Chamber having suffered heavy damage in Y/N's battle with Loke, the idiot. Roman sees a metal leg hanging near the edge and kicks it completely over with slight amusement.

Cinder: "On the contrary, it's the perfect time. The Relic's out of the Vault and we know exactly where it's headed and with whom."

Roman: "Listen, Cinder. What do you want from me? Sure, I could steal an Atlesian transport out from underneath the military's noses. Sure, I can command a small legion of Grimm to do my bidding now that I'm like this." he gestures to his Grimm-like features. "But there's one small problem: why should I help you?"

He narrows his black and red eyes at Cinder, his stare not unlike Salem's. However, Cinder quickly recovers herself when she remembers that he is not Salem, that the fear invoked by him is only... skin deep compared to hers. Still, how he got like this...

Cinder: "Because, both Ruby Rose and Neo are traveling with the Relic." Roman cocks an eyebrow. "And they're being led... by Y/N Rose."

Roman cracks a wicked smile, coming back over to Cinder, staring at her face to face. Cinder's slightly unnerved, but she holds her ground.

Roman: "Little Red foiled every single one of my plans. Neo betrayed me for that brat 'Emperor'. Both made it so I ended up like this. Don't get me wrong, this is rather nice. I'm stronger and faster than before. And..." he trails off, grabbing Cinder's shoulder, making her feel... strange. "But still, there's nothing quite like some good revenge on those who fuck you over. So, here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to help you. But in exchange, I reserve the right to ask the Relic something."

Cinder: "Which is?"

Roman slams his cane on the ground, cracking it even more than it already was, a fiery blast accompanying the heavy strike despite the cane not currently having any Fire Dust inside.

Roman: "What I want to know is simple: How can Y/N Rose be killed?"

Flashback
Maria's POV

A woman in blue crosses a long rope bridge, the mountains surrounding it covered in fog. The entirety of her face save for her jaw is covered by a skull mask. A long blue cloak covers the rest of her body, obfuscating her appearance even more. She hears the cry of a Grimm in the distance and she turns toward it. Her cloak flies open suddenly as her arm pops out, armed with a kama decorated with a skull. The silhouette of a Giant Nevermore enters her sight, the figure's black body cutting through the fog as it gets closer to her.

In an instant, she reveals another kama in her other hand and she jumps backward, off the bridge. The Grimm breaks through the bridge and flies above her. As she's falling, she launches one weapon upward, making it impale in the Nevermore. She presses a button on the one still in her other hand, causing the base of both to glow purple with Gravity Dust use, bringing the Nevermore down and herself up. She reaches the Nevermore and uses the momentum to not only grab the kama impaled in the Grimm, but to also launch herself above it. She fires outward, sending her down, giving her the perfect position to spin and cut into the flying Grimm's wing. She pulls up on the wing, giving her partial control over its movement. She tries to make it slam into a spire, but it's too resistant. She clicks her tongue and throws a kama into the nearby rockface, presses the button on her held kama to attract the weapons to each other, and makes the Nevermore slam into the rock. Her other kama's dislodged and sent flying and with the Nevermore loses its balance, sending it plummeting to the ground.