Chapter 13: Field Trip

Ozpin's Office

Ozpin, Glynda, and Ironwood are all discussing last night's situation where the CCT was infiltrated.

Ironwood:  "They were here.  Ozpin, they were here."

Glynda:  "We are very much aware of that James."

Ironwood:  "Fantastic, you're aware.  Now, are we going to do something about it or should we stay the course and ignore what's in front of us?"

A few beeps are heard from Ozpin's desk.

Ozpin:  "Come in."

Y/N's POV

You and Ruby walked into Ozpin's office as requested.

Ozpin:  "Ah, Mr. and Ms. Rose, welcome.  How are you feeling?"

Y/N:  "Meh."

Ruby:  "Alright I guess. I'd feel better if my bad-guy catching record wasn't 0 for 3."

Ironwood:  "Y/N, Ruby, I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you did last night is exactly what being a huntsman and huntress is all about.  You recognized a threat, took action, and you did the very best you could."

Y/N/Ruby:  "Thank you sir."

Ozpin:  "Now, the General has already informed us of the events that transpired last night.  Is there anything else you two can think of?"

Glynda:  "Was anyone else with her?  Did she look familiar to you at all?"

Ruby:  "I... I don't know.  She was wearing a mask.  And her clothes were glowing when she attacked."

Y/N:  "I'm not sure.  She never said anything to me and she fought with glass, but I don't think that was her semblance."

Glynda:  "Save for the glass, that sounds like the woman I fought the night we met Ruby."

Ironwood:  "Embedding dust into clothing is an age-old technique.  It could've been anybody."

Ruby:  "Wait, you think this girl is connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?"

Ozpin:  "It's possible, but we lack the evidence to connect the two."

Y/N:  "Actually, I think right before she popped up and started attacking, she said something about a hideout in the southeast, just outside the kingdom."

Ozpin:  "I see.  Thank you for your cooperation.  Ruby, why don't you go spend some time with your team?  Y/N, could you stay here?"

Y/N:  "Of course."  Ruby looks at you with puppy dog eyes.  "I'll be fine Ruby, go back to the others."  You ruffle her hair.

Ruby:  "We'll be waiting for you." she says as she leaves.

Y/N:  "So what do you need Professor Ozpin?"

Ironwood:  "Yes Oz, I'd like to know as well."

Ozpin:  "James, would you happen to know the story of the Welsh Dragon, also known as the Red Dragon Emperor?"

Ironwood:  "Yes, I know it.  He was a destructive force that gave the Gods a very hard time a long time ago."

Ozpin:  "Well James, I'd like to introduce him to you.  Y/N?"

Y/N:  "Come on out Ddraig."

Ddraig:  "Greeting General.  I am the massive power known as the Red Dragon Emperor, but you may call me Ddraig."

Ironwood:  "By the... Well then Mr. Rose, Ddraig, it is a pleasure to meet you."

Y/N:  "Hang on, how did you know about Ddraig Professor Ozpin?"