EPILOGUE

— 7 YEARS LATER

— 7 YEARS LATER

"I'm so proud of you," Sam beams, arms wrapped around Jeongguk, spinning in a single circle as the boy giggles.

"Sam! Put me down!" he shrieks, hitting Sam's shoulder with a fist. The aforementioned listens, setting him down on his feet gently, but the smile never falters from his lips.

"I'm so happy for you, Gguk," Sam says, ruffling the other's hair. A smile shapes Jeongguk's lips, a chuckle slipping past his lips as he looks at Sam, unable to contain his happiness.

He dips his head shyly, palm cupping his nape. "Thank you," he says, eyeing the blonde. "I couldn't have done it without you, y'know."

Sam waves at him dismissively, playfully rolling his eyes. "You could've done it by yourself," he states in a matter of fact way. "You're not a damsel in distress."

Jeongguk beams, nodding along as he goes in for another hug. This one, however, is gentler, like Sam's afraid he's going to break the younger boy as his arms wrap around his shoulders and squeeze him.

"Thank you for believing in me," Jeongguk mutters, voice muffled, cheek squished against Sam's chest. "Your support through this whole thing means a lot."

Sam pushes the boy away, his cap crooked on his head as Sam attempts to fix it. Jeongguk laughs when he fails, muttering a string of curse words under his breath as he decides to take the damn thing off and hand it to the younger. Jeongguk knows how much he hated wearing his own cap and gown to his college graduation.

He steered clear from asking Sam for help with his cap when it wouldn't cooperate on his head, instead veering to Jimin who seemed to be a pro of making it look stylish and stick to his head not even high winds could knock off. He's grateful for the friends he has as he walked across the stage and received his degree, and he couldn't help the smile that shaped his lips when he hears them cheering his name in the crowd.

It made him shy at first, but then, it warmed his heart knowing he had people in the crowd who were proud of him. It feels nice, aside from Sam, it's nice having other people acknowledge everything he's achieved over the past seven years, and he couldn't be more content with his life right now.

"I wasn't the only one who believed in you, Gguk," Sam points out, jabbing a thumb over his shoulder where Jeongguk assumes the others are. "They did, too. Just as much as I did."

When Jeongguk came forward about going back to school with the help of Sam, everyone was thrilled and excited for him. He was congratulated with hugs and cheers and well wishes, and he expected that from his friends. He just didn't expect them to be so happy for him.

It was overwhelming at first when they surrounded him and pressed him with countless questions, like what was his inspiration, what he was going to school for, how long will it take—he wanted to jump out the club's windows and make a run for it based on the circle formed around him by all the bystanders listening to his news.