40 | never gonna happen

Jeongguk knows he's smarter than what he leads on to be as he spent a few days brainstorming all the possibilities of that one occurrence that left him feeling defenseless and vulnerable in the hands of his ex-boyfriend

It doesn't take a genius to know who exactly told Haneul everything there is to know about Jeongguk, from his place of work, where he lives, and all of his friends. As creepy as it was to hear all the facts that Haneul had gathered about Jeongguk just to use them against him, Jeongguk wasn't sure for awhile if he would ever feel safe alone in that apartment again.

However, after that traumatic experience that happened inside his living room during god hours of the night, Jeongguk noticed one thing that Haneul had let slip from his greasy hands that he was more than positive Jeongguk wouldn't catch during the commotion happening inside his head and in his home.

But he did catch it. He caught everything that Haneul managed to let slip from his grasp, and now he's fuming as he repeatedly bangs against the door to his parents' house, lips dipped into a frown and brows threaded with frustration, anger, hurt, and despair.

He pounds his hand against the door until the door swings open and reveals his dad, seemingly out of breath as he puffs a breath of air from his mouth and his shoulders visibly relax upon seeing who was banging on their door in the middle of the afternoon.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" his father snaps, angry, glaring at the boy. Jeongguk stands there on their doorstep, arms crossed over his chest.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he bites back bitterly, eyes narrowing into thin slits. Flabbergasted, his dad steps back and the door widens a little bit more.

"Excuse me?" the man tilts his head to the side and squints his eyes at Jeongguk, seemingly confused and out of sorts. The ravenette simply rolls his eyes, shaking his head.

"Why the hell did you tell Haneul where I lived?" he demands, foot tapping impatiently against the ground. "Do you realize what you have done?"

On a normal day, Jeongguk would've have had the courage to confront his parents this boldly. Typically, he would've hid in his apartment with Sam beside him, telling him how everything is okay and nothing changes what they have together.

That nothing will ever take away what Jeongguk has come to accomplish during the past three years being on his own for the first time in years. But it wasn't Sam who had initiated it this time. He had a small part of it, but as he continues to be out of town for a formal business trip, there was only so much he could do over the phone sitting in an office across the country.

Somehow, in someway, Taehyung's presence was enough to build him up and force himself to take that leap forward and do what needs to be done. Taehyung didn't say much, nor does he know that Jeongguk's parents could've been the masterminds behind Haneul's skill-proof plan to get the boy to take him back.