34 | you did everything right

"It's just a first date, Gguk

"It's just a first date, Gguk. Calm down," Sam snickers from where he sits on the aforementioned's bed, legs crossed and eyes flitted over the boy.

Jeongguk audibly scoffs, rolling his eyes as he rummages through his closet for an outfit to where. "Yeah, like that's supposed to help me," he mutters under his breath.

"What? It's not like you have to impress the guy. He's already pretty much in love," Sam chides with, an evil chuckle slipping past his lips, and Jeongguk's hear stills in his chest, hands stopping. But he quickly recovers and goes back to his closet.

"Don't say that," he retorts, looking over his shoulder with bunched brows over his forehead. "Besides, I do have to impress him whether he likes me or not. It's called keeping him on his toes."

"Until you guys get engaged and the spark dies," Sam comments, and Jeongguk wants to smack him, wants to push him off the bed and out of his bedroom because his comments aren't making him feel any better about tonight.

"Hyung, would you stop? It's just a first date. Who said it'll even last between us?" Jeongguk groans tiredly, frustration bubbling under his skin because he just couldn't pick a damn outfit to wear. "Jesus—is this all the clothes I have?"

He wants to scream and yell and cry. The pressure of tonight is already weighing heavy on his shoulders and he can feel every muscle in his body turn rigid, and nothing is working out in his favor. There's absolutely nothing in his closet that's suitable for tonight and he has no idea where they're going, whether if it's to a nice restaurant or Taehyung's place for a home-cooked meal.

Each scenery requires a different attire, and Jeongguk doesn't know what to expect, because for all he knows, Taehyung could actually be a serial killer looking for his next victim, and Jeongguk isn't about that kinda life. So he's stressing over the smallest thing because he really, really wants this thing between them to work.

Whatever spark they share, whatever feelings they have for each other, and whatever thoughts they consume, Jeongguk has never felt this passionate about someone before since his breakup with Haneul. It's the first time ever since he's actually, genuinely liked someone and hasn't felt scared or that ball of anxiety that always settles in his chest.

This thing that he and Taehyung have, he wants it, he wants to peruse it, he wants to remember it, and he wants to hold onto it for as long as he can, because it feels so fucking real. The sparks are undeniably real.

When Taehyung asked him out at the beginning of the week, he was ecstatic. He was shy, Taehyung was, and Jeongguk found that shy Taehyung is probably his favorite side of the older, and it's a memory he wants to hold onto forever.

"Alright, step aside," Sam huffs comically, pushing the other away from the closet so he can rummage through it. In a matter of seconds, he pulls out an outfit that deems fit for any scenery Taehyung may have planned.