10 | incapable of loving you

Jeongguk hopes he isn't overdressed as he steps out of Seokjin's car with Namjoon tumbling out behind him, shutting the door with a gentle slam as his eyes flickered over what seems to be an abandoned building of a fancy restaurant some years ago

Jeongguk hopes he isn't overdressed as he steps out of Seokjin's car with Namjoon tumbling out behind him, shutting the door with a gentle slam as his eyes flickered over what seems to be an abandoned building of a fancy restaurant some years ago. Now, it's completely torn to shreds, boards hammered over the broken windows, eroded walls, and the front entrance was broken down as Jeongguk watches people walk inside.

Something doesn't feel right in his stomach as he stops in front of Seokjin's car, the couple making their way around to stand by the boy. He feels a hand on his shoulder, but he doesn't have to look to see who it is. Seokjin sighs as he stands beside the ravenette, palm radiating a different kinda warmth that has Jeongguk feeling cold on the inside.

"What're you thinking 'bout?" Seokjin wonders aloud, voice gentle as Jeongguk watches people passing by. Jeongguk exhales a shaky breath he didn't know he was holding, his stomach sloshing with unfamiliarities.

"This is . . . new," he answers quietly, unsure how to actually feel about being at an abandoned place. It's definitely nothing he's experienced before, and honestly, it's like every sense is heightened.

Namjoon snickers as Seokjin snorts, and then he feels another hand clap his other shoulder. "You'll be fine," Namjoon chides as they begin walking. "There's nothing to worry about."

Jeongguk barely manages a nod as he swallows thickly, following in between the pair as they slip into the building. It's weird, to say the least. Jeongguk expected there to be someone turning people away at the door if they didn't meet specific qualifications, but there isn't, and Jeongguk's a little surprised.

But inside is a completely different contrast than the exterior of the building, because the moss embodied on the brick walls doesn't crawl on the clean, white walls of the halls and spacious dining rooms. Hardly anything was moved out when they closed down business, leaving everything completely abandoned.

"Don't get used to this place much," Seokjin says from beside him, offering the boy a crooked grin. "The location changes every night to throw the feds off."

Jeongguk swallows thickly as he nods, scratching the skin behind his ear. It's not long before they're in a part of the large building towards the very back where Jeongguk assumes was the kitchen or . . . something, because it's huge and incredibly spacious.

It's weird how things happen, because Jeongguk often wonders these exact thoughts as he swarmed with loud voices and crowds as he follows behind Namjoon to front row seats that were being held by Hoseok, Yoongi, and Jimin.

When he takes a seat, Jimin moves over so he's sitting next to Jeongguk, curling his arm around his shoulders as he smiles gently at the boy. However, Jeongguk's buzzing with nervousness as he sits there, leg bouncing and hands fidgeting with the bottom hem of his shirt.

"Don't be so nervous," Jimin tells him, chuckling softly. "Tae's gonna be fine. These things are actually kinda fun, too, y'know, if it's your thing."

I don't know if this will ever be my thing. Jeongguk wants to say aloud, but he bites the inner wall of his cheek and swallows down the words and pushes away his thoughts.

"Tae's really good at what he does," Namjoon goes to add, clapping his hand on the boy's shoulder again. "Guy makes it out of there with barely a scratch."

"Don't worry. Your lover boy will be okay," Jimin teases, and Jeongguk reaches over with a fire-hot face and smacks the older's chest. He covers his face with his palms, feeling the heat set him ablaze from the inside out.

"Stop saying stuff like that," he mumbles petulantly, crossing his legs at his ankles. Jimin only snorts as he nods, patting the ravenette m'sorry shoulder.

Jimin leans in, lips next to his ear as he whispers, "But you know you like it because it's true."

Jeongguk twists his neck and glares at the other boy, hands falling from his face and tumbling onto his lap. "No, it's not," he hisses sharply, but Jimin only laughs.

Everything Jeongguk says is a fucking lie. They have no idea what goes on inside his head, or how Taehyung's been occupying every possible thought, day in and day out. Or how jittery he makes him feel just by a simple boxy grin that shapes his perfectly full lips that Jeongguk can stare at all day if he was allowed to. Is that weird?

"When does this thing start?" Jeongguk asks, attempting to divert the attention off of him by changing the topic. Jimin glances down at his watch as a hum slips from his nose.

"Fifteen minutes," he answers with a shrug. "We got a bit of time left before then."

Jeongguk nods slowly, averting his gaze to his shoes as he slumps in his metal chair that hurts his ass. He's not sure what to expect from tonight, really. It's a totally new experience and he isn't too keen on the whole violence thing, but supporting Taehyung because he invited him seemed to be the least he could do after he saved his life at the club that night.

Besides, seeing that smile on the bouncer's face and how his eyes lit up when he accepted the invite—it was fucking magical. It was like seeing a kid in a candy shop because that's how happy Taehyung was. The glimmer in his eyes was nothing compared to the throb of Jeongguk's heart when it lunged into his throat.

Taehyung's been making him feel things lately, and it's like it happened overnight. He's been working at Taehyung's club for three years, and not once has he bat an eyelash the bouncer's way, but Jeongguk believes it's because he was still grieving over Haneul and their failed relationship. But Sam's words from earlier tonight ring through his head like a broken record on repeat, and he can't get them to stop.

I'm incapable of loving you, Kim Taehyung.