22 | i never lied to him

"I did what you told me to do," Jeongguk says to Jimin as he sits at the bar and slides his tray and ticket across for the bartender

"What're you talking 'bout?" Jimin asks with a cocked brow as he scans over the ticket and begins to tackle the mountain of drinks listed.

"I talked to Tae last night," the boy murmurs as he rests his chin in the cusp of his palm, sighing tiredly as he remembers how last night went. It was pretty bad since he's never seen Taehyung in that kinda distraught state before.

Nor has he ever snapped at Jeongguk, either. For the past three years, he's always be kind to him, never once raised his voice at any of his employees, and always treated everyone with so much respect it was weird compared to other businesses. Jeongguk worked his fair share of factories and small-owned businesses, that respect and human decency was basically forsaken.

So, when he landed this job three years ago, Taehyung had this persona that Jeongguk believed was fake at first, but when time progressed, and all of his encounters with Taehyung were strictly professional, and well . . . kind. Taehyung has always been kind.

That part of him has never changed. But last night—last night showed a completely different side to him that the boy has never seen before. All the anger directed towards him made him feel like he had done something wrong. But what? Is Taehyung just a guy who led people on to believe there could have been something between them?

He didn't want to assume that's his motive, because Taehyung just didn't seem like that kinda person. He refuses to believe that, because Jeongguk couldn't wrap his head around the fact that Taehyung has always been this awful person with this shitty attitude and bad attitude.

However, it's not like Jeongguk is going to confront him about last night because, let's face it, Jeongguk's kind of a coward, especially when it comes to Taehyung. He'd rather let Taehyung be pissed at him rather than hear him tell him everything he didn't want to hear. And really, he didn't want a verbal confirmation that things between them (or whatever the hell it is) is officially over.

They may have no relationship outside of the professionalism inside of work, but Jeongguk did have his fantasies about the brunette, and well, he really wanted to see those play into real life. But there's absolutely no way he can face Taehyung after last night.

"Oh?" Jimin seems taken aback at the thought of Jeongguk confronting Taehyung, because that's not him. Jeongguk nods with a frown. "And how'd it go?"

"How do you think it went?" Jeongguk all but snaps, irritatedly massaging his temples with his fore-fingers. Jimin raises a challenging brow as he slams a glass down. "M'sorry. It just . . . didn't go well. Not like I'd hoped."

"What'd he say?" the bartender asks, eyeing the boy as he cleans the glass in his hand before sliding it down the bar to Namjoon. Jeongguk sighs tiredly as he rests his head on the countertop, shoulders sagging.