31 | you'll probably hate me

The remainder of the day is hellish as Jeongguk bounces back and forth between the bar and his tables

The remainder of the day is hellish as Jeongguk bounces back and forth between the bar and his tables. The club has easily become overcrowded and Taehyung is forced to start throwing people out to make room for other patrons. However, the more people leave, the more people enter and Jeongguk is surprised the place isn't overspilling out the doors.

"You ready to go?" Seokjin's voice startles the boy from his thoughts as he whips around from his table with a rag clutched tightly in his hand.

With a palm pressing against his heart, he mumbles, "No, not yet. You go on ahead." Seokjin nods and ruffles Jeongguk's hair as he walks away, leaving the boy alone as he gathers his breath and steadies his heart.

His tables are clean, his station is tidy, and he's sure he can eat off the floors now as he glances down at them after mopping and polishing the tiles. Shaking his head, he snorts at himself before turning and walking to the break-room where he left his things during the start of his shift.

Upon entering, Jimin seemingly stayed behind to help Namjoon stock up and do inventory. Jeongguk raises a brow at them as they sit in the break-room together and sip on their cups of coffee that seems to be getting them through the rest of the night.

"Taehyung's out in the back. He's been looking for you," Jimin mutters as he rests his cheek in the cusp of his palm, tiredly raising his cup to his lips and taking a sip.

Jeongguk's heart flutters in his chest as he nods and quietly gathers his things. It's safe to assume neither boy is in the mood for small-talk as he wiggles his way out without saying anything in return.

He doesn't have much with him as he slips past the back door that leads to the alleyway connected to the club, letting the door slam shut behind him when his gaze flits over the brunette with a cigarette between his lips. Jeongguk frowns, head sifting to the side as he slowly approaches the other boy, Taehyung's head turning to the side a little.

"You're smoking?" Jeongguk points to the stick between his lips with his pointer-finger. "Are you stressed again?"

The edges of Taehyung's mouth twitches into a small grin as he takes another drag from it, slowly exhaling the smoke through his nose. He shakes his head, chuckling airily, flicking the ashes to the ground by his feet.

"No, not tonight," he muses with a small grin on his lips as he quietly beckons the boy over with his free hand and a flick of his head. "What're you doing out here?"

Jeongguk finds himself wrapped up in Taehyung's free arm as his brows wrinkle, craning his neck to look up at the other. "I was told you were looking for me," he answers curtly, an unsettling feeling burrowing in his gut.

It's Taehyung's turn to furrow his eyebrows and look down at the boy in his arms as he slowly shakes his head. "I already knew where you were," he simply says, inhaling from his cigarette.

Jeongguk discreetly grimaces at the bitter smell as the smoke smacks him across the face, despite Taehyung turning his head to exhale it in a different direction. He mumbles a quick apology as he puts it out using the bottom of his shoe and flicks the remnants elsewhere.