21 | i think it's better this way

"My feet are fucking killing me," Jeongguk groans as he takes a seat at the bar and rubs at his ankles

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"My feet are fucking killing me," Jeongguk groans as he takes a seat at the bar and rubs at his ankles. "I need another order for table six."

Jimin scoffs, "Please?"

Jeongguk turns his head, unimpressed as he slips Jimin the ticket of orders across the bar. "Shut up," he sighs, shaking his head and averting his gaze to his throbbing feet. "That table is a nightmare."

"What's with the sour attitude?" Namjoon asks from the other side as he wipes down his station and stacks trays, eyeing the boy who rubs his ankles with a pout on his papery thin lips.

He glances up through his thick lashes, sighing tiredly as he shakes his head again, waving a hand. "Nothin'," he mumbles dismissively, resting his chin in the cusp of his palm as Jimin raises a single thick brow at him.

"It's obviously something if it has you pouting like a spoiled child," Jimin retorts with a snicker, but Jeongguk doesn't find it amusing as he discreetly flicks the boy off with a scowl wrinkling his forehead.

"Chim, lay easy on him," Namjoon warns, reflecting a pointed look his way as Jimin rolls his eyes, but nods nonetheless. "Seriously, what's up with you? I've never seen you so depressed and angry before."

"Nothing, hyung. It's stupid, anyway," Jeongguk says as he tries to smile behind the pain, ignoring the way Jimin watches him carefully as he begins stacking glasses on the tray.

"M'sure it is," Jimin replies shamelessly. "But we're still here for you. You can always talk to us."

Jeongguk's irises flit over the boy, unamused again as he shakes his head and attempts to ignore him, but it's hard when Jimin's commenting on everything he says. These are the days where he can seriously throw Jimin out a window from a fourth-story window without showing an ounce of compassion as he listens to him scream until the very end.

Call him crazy, but these are the day Jimin drive him absolutely nuts, but he's the only one who knows about his scandalous crush on his boss and hasn't ratted him out yet. It's not like he's expecting him to, but there are times when it feels like he did when the others make subtle comments about his crush. Or maybe he was just that painfully obvious for everyone to connect the dots on their own accord.

However, the emotional turmoil nestles in his chest quite deeply and it has Jeongguk reconsidering everything he's ever done in his life, and that's including his dumb crush on Taehyung, because why did he ever think this would be a good idea? In the long run, nothing has happened between them, and he's been patient and trying to figure things out and what he should do next, but there are times when Taehyung acts like he doesn't want it either.

The past week has fucking sucked. He's barely seen Taehyung around, let alone talked to him. He thought that since they have each other's number, it would make things easier for the both of them if they ever wanted to chat or (maybe) ask the other out? It's stupid to think, he knows that, but some fantasies were better if brought to life.