27 | i don't live here

"Stop that," Jeongguk swats Taehyung's hand from his busted lip

"Stop that," Jeongguk swats Taehyung's hand from his busted lip. He narrows his gaze at him as his brows wrinkle into a scowl, shaking his head.

"But it's bleeding," Taehyung hisses as Jeongguk dabs rubbing alcohol onto a laceration his cheek embodies. The younger glances up through thick lashes and furrowed brows.

"Then use this, but don't touch it with your fingers," he warns with a narrowed look before he hands the brunette a cloth for his lip. Taehyung rolls his eyes as he nods and gently places the soft fabric against his mouth.

It's currently only been an hour after the fight and since they've been at Taehyung's apartment cleaning up the blood trickling down his face and bandaging all the open wounds that definitely need stitches.

But Taehyung's just as stubborn as a mule and won't go to the hospital, even if his life depended on it, and it's now left up to Jeongguk to patch him up and monitor him for the next twenty-four hours. The bleeding has barely stopped as he cleans it and dabs a wet rag to soak the blood, but it keeps trickling down his forehead.

"Here," Jeongguk says as he gently applies pressure to the wound, "hold this until the bleeding stops."

Taehyung barely manages a nod as he reaches up and holds the rag in place, and Jeongguk doesn't miss the way their fingers brush and causes pins and needles to crawl over his skin. He clears his throat, swallowing thickly as he averts his gaze to the supplies scattered all over Taehyung's bed.

He ignores the blazing fire aflame in his core and the tingles in his fingers as he searches for something to apply to Taehyung's busted lip. He inhales a shaky breath as he glances up, removing the rag from his mouth and examines the damage.

It's not as bad as he would've thought, considering the fact that Taehyung almost didn't make it out alive. He pushes the memories of tonight to the back of his mind and focuses on the lacerations his face embodies. He notices the dark purple ring around his right eye and the small but still very noticeable split on his nose.

There's still a lot of work to be done and Jeongguk isn't sure he's going to be finished by midnight considering it's already past eleven. And as much as he believes Taehyung should be seen by a doctor, Jeongguk does his best to clean and care for the wounds just like his mother had taught him all those years ago.

"It's throbbing," Taehyung mumbles against the boy's hands as he juts his bottom lip, gesturing to it. Jeongguk's coffee-brown irises flicker up as he manages a small nod.

"It's going to," he states in a matter of fact way, averting his gaze back to his lip as he applies ointment to the cut. "Don't touch it. Let the ointment set and do its job."

Taehyung doesn't say anything as he bobs his head, looking at Jeongguk who then moves on to the massive cut on his forehead. He carefully removes the rag and takes a peek, noticing the blood that stains the pure white rag into a faint pink as he sets it inside the bowl by his thigh and rinses the blood.