13 | dump his ass

"I think this is the first time you and I have had a day off together

"I think this is the first time you and I have had a day off together." Sam smiles from the kitchen table as Jeongguk hovers over the stove. The boy grins softly as he glances over his shoulder. "Wow. I don't know how to feel."

Jeongguk rolls his eyes at the older as he flips a pancake. "You're so dramatic, hyung. It's not like I don't take days off," he insists, but Sam scoffs. The boy looks over with furrowed brows as Sam attempts to cover it up with a cough.

"Sorry," he says sheepishly, palm cupping his nape. "But, yes, it is very uncommon to see you taking time for yourself."

"Well, I've been thinking a lot about what you said," Jeongguk tells him as he places a pancake on a plate. "I need to take a break every once in awhile."

Sam smiles proudly, "And I'm proud of you."

Jeongguk playfully rolls his eyes at his hyung as he places a plate in front of him. "Eat up," he says, smiling as he hands the boy syrup and fresh strawberries.

"You're gonna make someone a good wife," Sam teases as he digs into his breakfast. This is how their mornings usually went whenever they got the chance to share them. Jeongguk would cook breakfast while Sam would tease him just to get a rise out of the boy.

"You're ridiculous." Jeongguk shakes his head, attempting to hide the smile that stretches his mouth as he takes a seat by the older. "You do know my day off doesn't start until after my shift tonight, right?"

Sam waves him off as he stuffs his face with pancake, "Close enough."

"M'gonna go take a shower," Jeongguk tells him as he makes his way into their shared bathroom. Sam hums, acknowledging the boy as he busies himself with his breakfast.

"We still have to talk about that!" Sam shouts from where he sits as Jeongguk closes the door with a chuckle. He doesn't take long in the shower before he emerges out of the bathroom with damp fringe and a change of clothes on his body as he dumps his towel on the back of a chair.

Sam had already cleaned the kitchen up while he was showering, being sure to save Jeongguk some breakfast, even if he knew he wasn't going to eat, but the thought still has Jeongguk appreciating the boy. He smiles softly to himself as he wanders into the living room where Sam sits. Something plays on the TV that Jeongguk doesn't recognize, but his eyes flit over the screen as he watches whatever it is.

"What do you wanna do tomorrow?" Sam asks, nudging the boy beside him on the couch as he turns off his phone and lets it flop on his belly. "Anything you want. My treat."

Jeongguk averts his gaze from the screen, fixating on Sam. "You spoil me too much," he bashfully snickers. "Really, though, I don't mind. You know me better than anyone."

A shit-eating grin splits onto the older's face as he pauses the TV in a rush. "Let's go clubbing," Sam suggests as he excitedly rubs his palms together. "Look, I know you don't drink because of Shit Face, but let's go dancing."