32 | like all those times you promised

T/W: MENTIONS OF BLOOD AND VIOLENCE

— 7 YEARS AGO

"C'mon, we're gonna be late, you two," Sae says as she walks past the two bickering siblings sat at the breakfast table, ignoring the way the pair make faces at each other and roll their eyes when their mother interrupts.

"It's just Uncle Jae's birthday party," Sena states monotonously, huffing as she stands from the table, Taehyung following closely after her. "We're allowed to be a little late."

"Sena," Sae looks at her, brows pinched as she points a finger at the young girl. "It's rude to arrive somewhere late."

"Yeah, but Mom, it's Uncle Jae," Sena argues, scoffing. "He's like, ninety now. He won't remember anything an hour from now."

"Get in the car," Sae orders, pointing towards the front door. Sena rolls her eyes and mumbles something under her breath as she walks past her mom and older brother. "That's my brother you're talking about."

Taehyung snickers from where he stands as he grabs the gift from where they left it by the door so they wouldn't forget to bring it along, and his mother turns to glower at him through threaded brows and a scrunched nose.

"Not another word or you're both grounded," she warns, pointing a finger in Taehyung's direction as they exit the house. The brunette chuckles, hands up in surrender.

"I haven't even said anything!" he yelps, taking a gracious step back from his mom's wrath. She only rolls her eyes as she points towards the car, and Taehyung obeys like the well-mannered boy he is.

Sena beat him to the front seat, sitting there and looking through the window with a smug smile plastering her papery thin lips as she connects her phone to the radio and begins blasting some girly song about nasty breakups and cheating men.

Taehyung climbs into the back and rolls his eyes at his younger sister, unable to hear his own thoughts over the loud music thumping and vibrating the car, even as their mom attempts to yell over it to get her to turn the music down a couple notches, only for Sena to start screaming the lyrics and ignoring their mom's complaints and empty-threats.

Taehyung only snickers from where he sits in the back as their mom pulls out of their driveway, the older boy watching Sena from the rearview mirror as she dances along to the song playing through the speakers that Taehyung can most definitely live without hearing for the rest of his life.

It isn't long before they're pulling up to their uncle's house where a bunch of other vehicles have piled along the street and front yard, and as Taehyung steps out, he can hear the screams of their little cousins as they run around in the backyard where the party seems to be being held.

Sae steps out of the car before Sena and Taehyung can walk away, beckoning the siblings to stay as she approaches them. "Please be good, you two," she pleads almost desperately. "This is your uncle's fiftieth birthday. Please be respectful."