38 | you're with me now

Taehyung can't find out about this

Taehyung can't find out about this. Jeongguk makes a mental note to try and forget any of this ever happened as he makes it his main priority to get Haneul out of his apartment.

"How did you even get in? There's a buzzer," Jeongguk questions with a small tilt of his head, but Haneul can only chuckle at the situation.

"I may or may not have some tricks up my sleeve," he says, shrugging nonchalantly. Jeongguk only looks at him confusedly, but shakes his head when he remembers he shouldn't even be here.

"Well, if all you wanted to do was drop by and see how I was, now you can leave," Jeongguk says, attempting to shut the door again, but Haneul is quicker and stronger than him and he pushes past the door and saunters inside his apartment.

Jeongguk stumbles back, Haneul harshly bumping shoulders with the boy as he looks around the apartment, taking everything in that Jeongguk has built for himself over the past three years. It makes Jeongguk feel uneasy as he watches, stunned and unsure of what to do. There is no way he can persuade Haneul to leave with words; he's too stubborn.

But Jeongguk can't keep letting him stay. The longer he's here, the more Jeongguk wants to jump out his kitchen window and plummet to the ground from the fifth story building. His hand grips the doorknob tighter, swallowing thickly as he ponders what to do next.

"So, are you done throwing a tantrum and ready to come back?" Haneul asks with nonchalance, it throws Jeongguk of guard as he stares at him incredulously.

"Wuh-what?" the ravenette stammers, attempting to swallow the knot in his throat. Haneul rolls his eyes, seemingly annoyed now.

"You always liked to play coy," he shakes his head, sighing. "I'll wait while you pack a bag."

"I-I'm not going anywhere with you," Jeongguk states matter of factly, shaking his head. "I live here now. Without you. And it's gonna stay like that for a very long time."

"Gguks—"

"Don't call me that," he says, shaking his head, raking his fingers through his jet-black fringe. "You need to leave. Now."

"You don't mean that," Haneul tells him, hands by his sides as he turns to face the younger boy. "It's been three years, Jeongguk. It's time to stop with the pity party and come home."

"Nuh-no." Jeongguk shakes his head, pinching the bridge of his nose. "You're not doing this to me again."

"Doing what?" Haneul asks, brows furrowed and nose scrunched. Jeongguk exhales a shaky breath, eyes closed as he relaxes his rigid shoulder muscles.

"You're not painting me as the bad guy," Jeongguk says, jabbing his thumb to his chest. "You're the bad guy. You're the one I'm getting away from."

"H-How did you even know where I live?"

Jeongguk didn't give his address for the whole world to know, only close friends and family members. He trusted them enough to not share it with anyone Jeongguk didn't know, and that's including Haneul.