29 | believe me when i say i'm serious about you

Jeongguk doesn't remember falling asleep last night, and he surely doesn't remember falling asleep in Taehyung's bed as the little spoon and Taehyung's face pressed against his nape

Jeongguk doesn't remember falling asleep last night, and he surely doesn't remember falling asleep in Taehyung's bed as the little spoon and Taehyung's face pressed against his nape. But when he wakes up to golden rays of the sun pooling into the average-sized bedroom, it takes him a bit to realize the arms around his waist and the shollow breathing against his neck before he turns around and sees Taehyung peacefully sleeping behind him.

It's instant when he feels his cheeks burn red and his neck feels hot, and he's not sure if it because he's simply embarrassed about their positions or if it's because of the warm breathing running down his nape. Either way, Jeongguk finds himself nuzzling his back into Taehyung's front, eyes fluttering closed and head lying back on his pillow.

An arm wraps around his small waist as he lays on the other one under his pillow, but it's enough for his heart to lurch into his jugular and throb erratically as a tornado of butterflies releases in his stomach. He feels jittery the more he thinks about their positions, but it's a feeling he doesn't ever really wanna shake off.

It's a good jittery, something he's really never felt before when he was in past relationships, especially Haneul. He wanted to feel all those feelings, and he did at the beginning, but they faded over time, which was to be expected, however, he didn't expect everything to turn upside down so quickly.

He's not afraid of commitment. On the contrary, he was the one talking about marriage and starting a family with Haneul when things were going great, but each time, the idea was shot down and he was belittled when Haneul expressed it was never going to happen. He was fine with it at first, gaslighting himself into believing it was all too soon to bring up and would circle back to it later on.

Each time was a bigger mistake than the last, and eventually, Haneul instilled into his head pursuing more wasn't going to happen. He thinks he became okay with it later, because all that really mattered was he was with the one he loved at the time.

Jeongguk can't even begin to wander into that kind of territory now. He doesn't even know what they are or what's happening. His own feelings were still uncertain, and when Taehyung confessed back in his office all those days ago, he never reciprocated them back.

Now, he feels foolish that he didn't and left him hanging because really, all he wants is to reciprocate every feeling possible right back to him. He doesn't want to run away anymore. He wants to find love, find that person that's going to stay by his side, even if it means going through the thousand of bad relationships to get to that one good one.

If this doesn't work out with Taehyung, what's he got to lose? He's already lost everything after leaving Haneul. It's not like he would make that same stupid mistake again.

But before he can let his mind drift off and begin to ponder about the wonders of life, he feels something warm and damp against his nape. It startles him with a jump as he turns his neck to see Taehyung's sleepy eyes peering into his own wide ones that have been awake for what feels like hours, but has only been a couple minutes, give or take.