Part 25

General POV

About forty-five minutes into the flight, Hallie and the twins are out for the count on the row infont of Jay and Erin. "We should talk, I know its not in a convenient place but we're not going to get much alone time" Erin says, wanting to explain and apologies to Jay for the way things ended. "Okay" Jay replies nervously, turning his head to face Erin. "When I left, I never said goodbye or even let you know. I knew you'd try to stop me from going, which would have been harder for both of us. I know you didn't deserve it, but I still cared about you and knowing the way it would have ended if I did let you know would have broken you even more." Erin explains, hoping Jay can understand where she's coming from. "Erin, I was about to ask you to marry me- I had the ring in my pocket the hole day" Is all Jay replies with, Erins jaw drops and her eyes widen with shock. Her mouth opens and closes multiple times trying to get her words out but fails. Jay stars at the floor, embarrassed and what he just blurted out. "Oh" Erin whispers, still not sure what to say. "Evening, can I get you any drinks or snacks?" An airhostess asks, saving the awkward moment from going any further. "Glass of wine please" Erin replies politely then looking to Jay for what he wants. "Coffee please" Jay orders politely. The lady hands them both there orders and walks off after wishing them a safe trip. "Why?" Erin asks, puzzled to why Jay would propose to a girl he broke up with. "You were there for me though some though times and when your mum got arrested with the whole drug smuggling milarky, it made me realise even more that you were the one for me. I wanted to be there for you" Jay explains, staring into Erins glassy eyes. "Thankyou Jay- for wanting to be there for me but I would have gone to New York anyway. I moved so intelligence wouldn't go under and it was time for me to move on. The head bosses would never had looked at me the same and I was getting an unpopular reputation of being 'Voighs girl'" Erin says, grateful for Jays efforts and upset she put him through it. "Ye, I get it. What do you say we put it behind us and start fresh" Jay suggest, sticking his fist out for a fist bump. "Sounds good" Erin smiles, joining the first bump.