Part 8

General POV

Jay walks into Karens cafe and quietly sits at a table. It was obvious that in the town everyone new each other, as literally the whole cafe were talking to one other. "Can I get you anything?" Hayley asks "Ill come and order in a second, ill look threw the menu first. Thanks though" Jay replies, trying to keep his cool when he realises its the Hayley. "Okay, just come over when your ready" Hayley smiles before walking away. Jay spends about ten minutes just staring at the menu, not taking a thing of it in. "Hayley, I have a problem!" A womans, voice announces in a raised panicked voice. Jay looks up to see its Erin with the twins in there push-chair. "Erin?" Jay says standing up. Erin turns round, her fists clenched with being called Erin in Tree Hill. "Hi, ill come talk with you in a sec" Erin replies before running to the back of the cafe with Hayley.

Erins/Brookes POV

After bumping into Jay, I run to the back to the cafe with Hayley to tell her about the situation. "Whats going on Brooke?" Hayley asks "I know who Hallies dad is and her dad knows too" I say, leaving many empty gaps "Whoa, okay. How and when did you figure all this out?" Hayley asks, being her usual councillor like self. "About forty-five minutes ago. Jay had a look at Hallies wobbly draw to see if he could fix it, then I walked in to see how they were doing and found Hallie shouting Jays name, whilst he stood there pale, sweaty and frozen. He asked for a word, so I took him into the twins room and we told each other half sentences- filling in the gaps easily and we figured it out" I ramble, very very quickly. Hayley stands there wide-eyed trying to process everything I just said. "Okay, let's start by explaing who Jay is" Hayley suggests "Um, my old partner from Chicago. We dated on and off, we broke up becuase of Hallies birth mum- he was married to her and never told me, they werent together though" I reply, opening up more questions about what I was doing in Chicago. "Im not even going to ask the non-necesarry questions right now. Wheres Jay now?" Hayley asks, clearly wondering what the hell I got upto in Chicago. "Out front, that was the guy I was talking too" I say, titling my head. "Lets go talk to him then- properly. Ill get Karen to cover, I'll be out in a sec" Hayley reassuringly smiles before I walk back outfont with the twins.