Part 13

General POV

It was the next day and Jay was ready and raring to go. He was exited, nervouse and felt like a kid at Disney for the first time. He went to Karens cafe first to get a coffee for them both- out of complete habit- before making his way to Erins.

As he arrived at Erins, he hears laughter and squeals coming from inside. The sound of happiness, joy and a true family- something he always wished for Erin to have some day. He hesitantly knocks on the door, feeling guilty about interrupting the happiness. "Hey" Erin greets, opening the big-red door. "Hey, sorry, didn't mean to interupt the fun" Jay smiles shyly, handing Erin a coffee over to witch she laughs at. "Thanks, come in" Erin smiles, moving out the way for Jay. "Hi Jay" Julian waves, walking in from the back garden. "Hi" Jay replies, waving back. "HALLIE!" Erin shouts, causing Jay to scrunch his face and raise his hand to his ear. "Sorry" Erin laughs, apologing to Jay. "Im ready, you do know I can look after myself mom" Hallie sasses, resulting in an eyebrow raise from Erin- which is enough for her to stop whilst she's ahead. "Still got the look" Jay smirks, picking up on the recent interaction between Erin and Hallie. "Shut up" Erin says, giving Jay a sarcastic smile. "Go, enjoy your day with Jay and dont give him back chat you understand" Erin warns Hallie in her old cop voice. "Yes mum, bye" Hallie says, giving her mum a hug. "Bye" Jay and Erin both smile, as Jay closes the door behind him.

Hallie and Jay walk down to the main town area in silence- not awkward silence though, comfortable. "So, whats the deal with you and my mum?" Hallie asks completely out the blue. "Your mum and I worked together back when she lived in Chicago" Jay replies, hoping to God she doesnt ask if he works in the fashion industry. "I didnt know mum lived in Chicago. Did you date? Or atleast like each other because before, you both were drueling and flirting like crazy- you even bought her coffee" Hallie smirks, knowing its embarrassing Jay. "Shut up" Jay smirks, just giving Hallie the answer she wanted. "So you did. Mums always been one for the guys" Hallie laughs at how red Jays turned. "Your definitely your mothers kid" Jay laughs, not meaning Erin. "Yes, Brookes definitely rubbed off on me" Hallie agrees, luckily oblivious to what Jay actually ment. "So what do you want to do?" Jay asks Hallie, changing the subject "Go to the river court" Hallie suggests, pointing towards a small clump of people gathered on a Basketball court. "Okay, we don't have a ball though" Jay points out "I know, they are friends over there" Hallie says as she starts to run over. "Great" Jay sighs as he runs to catch up with Hallie.