Part 16

General POV

Hallie, Erin, Jay and Julian sat there for a while- huddled around Hallies bed as they listened to Jay tell stories of some crazy detective stories. "Okay, they are insane those stories- so are you!" Hallie says, wide-eyed putting an emphasis on 'insane'. "He really is. He ran back into the middle of a gunfire to rescue a cat- Voight flipped" Erin adds, letting her life in Chicago slip to Hallie. "You worked with him?" Hallie asks, confusion and slight suprise written all over her face. "YeS I DiD" Erin nodds, looking between Jay and Julian. "Thats so cool! You dont look or act like a cop" Hallie says, impressed with the gutsy side of her mother. "You ever get injured or had any close calls?" Julian asks, just as intergued as Hallie. "So many- I was kidnapped a few times" Erin says, causing Julians jaw to drop and Hallies eyes to widen. "Holy crap mom, thats cool and scary. How saved you?" Hallie asks, finding the whole situation cool. "Jay, every..single..time" Erin replies putting a hand on Jays sholder- causing a slightly jealous Julian to shoot a glare. "Team effort" Jay adds uncomfortably. "I wish you were still a detective. I could get insight to all the juicy stories and whatever" Hallie says, a smile beaming across her face with slight exitment. "Doesn't quick work like that kiddo" Jay chuckles at Hallies enthusiasm. "How about you come back to Chicago with me in a few days" Erin suggests, confirming the question Jays been wanting an answer too for the last few days. "Yes!" Hallie answers emmidiatly- throwing her arms around Erin. "But wait, what about the boys? If dads going to Atlanta for a film and your going to Chicago..." Hallie points out, pulling back from Erins brace. "Im sure we can squeeze them on the plane" Jay offers up, knowing Hank and everyone would be delighted to see Erins success. "Julian..." Erin says, looking to Julian for his opinion. "Yes, sounds good" Julian fake smiles, hating the idea of Jay and his wife together with two babies- his babies. "Done deal then" Erin enthusiastically says, slamming her hand off Hallies bed.