harry huffs in annoyance at the simplicity of louis' choice. he doesn't have a very adventurous fashion sense. to louis, skinny jeans are appropriate for any occasion and a plain button-up shirt works for anything that he has to dress nicer for. besides that, t shirts and jumpers are his go-to, depending on the weather. the design and color of the shirts can vary based on his mood, but even then, there isn't too much of a decision to be made.

on the other side of things, harry has a closet full of designer clothes that could be used for a plethora of different occasions, depending on what he decides to style each piece with. he chooses everything based on the day and his mood, so it is a lot more difficult for him to find something to wear. a floral blazer is probably a bit too loud for a dinner with his husband. so are boldly patterned trousers. louis is going with a plain button-up, so harry doesn't want to wear the same thing.

in the end, he decides on a pattered button up shirt that he leaves unbuttoned just enough to show off the two swallows on his chest, as well as the top of the butterfly on his stomach. he is in the process of pulling on a pair of sparkly boots just as louis comes back inside.

"what do you think?" harry asks, wanting louis' approval of his outfit choice.

louis approaches him and runs his hands across harry's chest, eyeing the visible tattoos. "you look amazing, love. absolutely stunning."

"glad you approve," harry smirks, bending down to softly suck on louis' neck.

louis tilts his head to the side, giving harry more access to his neck. he moans softly, enjoying the way harry's teeth brush ever so softly against his skin.

"harry, we have to go," louis notifies harry once he comes back to his senses. harry ignores him, keeping his mouth attached to louis' neck. "if you don't stop we won't be going," he groans, knowing it's only a matter of seconds before he throws harry down onto the bed and his idea for a nice date night will be out the window.

finally, harry complies and steps away from louis, who immediately heads over to a mirror to fix his hair and hope that his face isn't too flushed. harry smirks to himself, pleased with the effect he has on his beautiful husband.

once louis is satisfied enough with his appearance, he takes harry's hand and leads him towards the front door, grabbing his car keys on the way out. he opens the passenger door for harry before sliding behind the wheel.

it has been a while since louis has driven. everywhere he went when he was in doncaster was with his mum or dan, who always drove, and harry has driven everywhere since they got to london. yesterday, he even drove the two of them up to holmes chapel to visit anne, robin, and gemma, who went home for the day to see them.

the drive to the restaurant isn't long. their home is in a pretty convenient part of london, so it is fairly easy to get most places. louis parks in a parking garage a couple blocks away from the restaurant, since he knows there isn't any closer parking.

the couple put on hats and pair of sunglasses each as they walk out of the parking garage to mask their identities. harry's hair is up in a bun that is hidden under his hat, so his trademark hair isn't going to give them away. even with their slight disguise, they still don't hold hands, just in case they are recognized. it would be bad enough if management saw them out in public together when they're supposed to be on different continents. they can't imagine how bad it would be if they were caught holding hands on top of that.

louis has taken them to a less populated part of london. the streets are fairly quiet, and the two walk in silence next to each other, taking in the beautiful sight of the city. the backs of their hands occasionally brush, longing for the contact they know they can't have.