Chapter 1: Proluge

Chapter 1: Prologue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Sayoko A.K.A. Alice

Age: 11

Parents: Mom- dead; Dad- dead

Past: Her mom is a simple japanese woman while her dad is a rich english nobleman. When she was 6 years old. Her parents died at hostage. After, she was sent to an orphanage and then meets many new friends.

Appearance: dark blue hair, black eyes and very pale skin, pretty much 5 feet tall, and is very intelligent.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sayoko's POV

"Sayoko! Please help me in making breakfast." Maryanne A.K.A. Mary, whispered in my ear. Mary is the owner of the orphanage I'm in, she has been with me ever since I came here.

"Eh! Im still sleeping!" I turned around now facing the wall.

"Please Sayoko. You're very talented in cooking!" Mary said.

"Fine, fine, fine, I will."

"Thank you Sayoko!" As we both went down from the third floor to the second, we started getting ingredients and utensils and started cooking.

"Sayoko, are you aware of what will happen tomorrow?" Mary asked.

"Nope Mary, what's tomorrow?" I asked with a questioning face. I don't really think there's anything special tomorrow...

"You will have your very first interview!" oh, right! That totally slipped out of my mind!

"Oh yes! that's right! I totally forgot about that! How stupid of me!"

"Well remember the rules?"

"Of course!

1. My name will be changed to Alice due to secret things.

2. If they asked anything about my parents, say that I never know my parents, and last;

3. Smile, posture, and talk with confidence."

"Ok good. Now, are you really ready?" Mary asked.

"Of course Mary! I'm a professional!" I answered with confidence.

"Pfft ya right! A professional."

"Oh yes I am! Hahahahaha!!" I laughed for no reason and Mary laughed with me too.

As breakfast was ready, Mary and I went to wake up the other kids. There were seven kids in all, including me. Mary always carries a piece of paper that has all the names of the kids to check if anyone is missing.

"All right people! Let's start. First Daniel?"

"Hey Mary? When will we go to the park again?" Daniel asked loudly as always, he is a loud and outgoing boy who is unlike the other boys in England.

"We'll see about that." Mary said

"Next, Linzey?"

"Here." she said quietly for her throat is sore at the moment.

And when Mary was checking the other names, Margarette, Annie, Zack, Phillipe, and me, we all dug in to eat a simple meal, grilled cheese sandwiches.

After breakfast and lunch, Margarette, my best friend, came into our room and we talked about the interview that will be happening tomorrow.

"Hey Sayoko, do you even know who you are gonna be interviewed tomorrow?" Margarette asked. She's also known as Grette, she's the tomboy in the orphanage. She wears, jeans and a shirt with a cap on everyday. Unlike other girls her age, they always thought that she was a boy. When she was a kid her parents really didn't like her, they always wanted a boy for they said that girls tend to be harder to take care of than boys. And so that made Grette use boy clothes and ran away from home into the orphanage. After about 3 months after she ran away the newspaper said that her parents died but she didn't cry. She didn't have regrets and stated to find happiness in the orphanage. Since there are rules on how girls and boys should act and wear, she never cared at all, and Mary allowed for she felt pity on her and also agreed that you don't need to follow rules, it is just enough to be good and happy. And that's where we met.

"Yes Grette. Of course I know them! They are the Phan—, the... Phan what-cha-ma-callit? Ya..." Sayoko said.

"Yes Sayoko, they're fans. But my God, you don't even know them! Anong klasing bata ka?!" (What kind of kid are you!) Grette said, she once told me her dad was Filipino.

"What, Grette?" I asked, not knowing what she just said.

"Nothing. They're the PHANTOMHIVES! P-H-A-N-T-O-M-H-I-V-E! The owner of some company I don't even know and they are rich!"

"Oooh... Eh it's the same!"

"You better be careful Sayoko." hmm... I wonder what I should be careful of.

"Why?!"

"They can crush you..." whatever Grette saud made me realky nervous now.

-------

Interview

Oh mah god... Today is the interview... Kinda nervous and excited. I mean it's my very first interview! And whatever Grette told me yesterday, I'm still kinda freaked out 'bout it. She told me to be careful... But why? Are they scary? Will I end up getting hated? She didn't even tell me the reason— but come to think of it, I never even asked! Oh well, guess I have to find out for myself...

"OK, Alice, remember everything, alright?" When Mary called me Alice, it felt weird since I'm not really used to it.

"Ya Mary."

"Remember manners! you should not act like when you're in the orphanage! Act like a high level person!"

"Ya..." Aaah! Kuso! Kore wa kowai natte iru!! (Aaah! Damn! This is getting scary!)

We then went in the "interview room", or so I would like to call it. A woman with blonde hair and a man with black purple hair? I'm not really sure myself. Oh well...

"Good afternoon madam, Good afternoon sir, my name is Alice." I started feeling nervous but cool. I just hope they aren't as scary as Grette interprets them.

~

After a long and boring interview, I'm glad it's over! But that made me realize... about what Grette said... They weren't that scary at all! In fact they were actually very nice! Whenever I accidentally spoke in casual, or slouch, I felt embarrassed but they didn't mind at all. They just proceeded to the next topic! Good thing I wasn't crushed or anything. But I overheard that they'll make their decision tomorrow... I hope they will adopt me... It'a like once in a lifetime opportunity! Hmm...

~~~~~

"Sayoko! SAAYOOOKOOOOO!!" Mary was shouting for who knows.

"WHAAAT?!" I said with a weird accent...

"SAYOKO! YOU WERE ACCEPTED!!!" She was so happy a tear fell down.

"Haaa?!!! SERYOSO KA?!" (Are you serious?!) Grette said.

"NO!! I'm not joking! Mr. Phantomhive told me!!"
"Nani? Watashi wa ukeirete shimatta??! Honkidesu??!!" (What?! I got accepted?? Are you serious?!) I said, trying to hope that I heard her correctly.

"Yes Sayoko!"

"AAAAHHH!!" I screamed with all my heart. This is really the happiest moment in my life! I hope they're as good as my old parents... But even if they aren't as good, the best thing is that they take care of me and will love me as their child.

"When Mary when?! When will I go there?" I asked excitedly, hoping I could go there any sooner.

"........" Mary didn't answer... How come?

"Mary? When?" I asked again, eager to know.

"Next year Sayoko" ...what?

"WHAAAT??!"

"Da fudge!! What kind of people are they??!" Grette asked. But I didn't care... I was happy! Happy that I will have a new family! Next year...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: so I've been wondering... What do you think about this chapter? I mean is it too long or is it boring? Please do COMMENT on how I write and stuffs so I would know and that this story would get better for you to read! Thanks! Have a nice day!

-the niece who made this once handwritten fanfiction of black butler in her notebook