Chapter 54: Break Night

I wake up in my bed laying horizontally on my covers. My head feels heavy and tired like I haven't slept at all. I try to sit up only to be met with dizziness and a head rush. Pieces of last night comes flooding in and put together in my mind like a puzzle. I remember going to Maria St and remembering Hiccup and I's adventures in LA. After that I remember having a bottle of whiskey as I took Los Angeles' metro through out town.

"What the-" I say turning over.

With a slight hangover I get up and remove my body from my bed. I slender to the kitchen and make myself a cup of coffee and place my whiskey on the kitchen counter. Stormfly purrs by my side as I fall down on one of kitchen chairs. My body feels numb as I scroll trough Instagram with my coffee. But before I can take a sip my phone rings. A picture of Ruffnut shows up on my phone. The gang wanted to go out for drinks the day Hiccup and I came back, I texted Them a simple message saying I'm coming home alone.

"Hey" I say as I pick up. Ruff isn't alone, beside her is my raven haired best best, Heather.

Hey Astrid how are you?

Ruff and Heather asks at the same time like they've practiced it. You can see the pity in their eyes from miles away. I put down my mug of coffee and replace it with the whiskey bottle.

"I'm fine" I reply, lie or no lie.

Should I kill him?

Asks Ruff but I shake my head. If anyone should kill him it should be me.

What happened?

Heather looks nervous in an odd way as she asks that question.

"Well I thought he was Hiccup Bing a nice university professor but turns out he has been lying about his identity." I explain and both my girls look surprised.

"So yeah he sucks" I reply taking a sip from the leftovers in my whiskey bottle.

I'm so sorry Asty who is he then?

Ruffnut asks but I shake my head. I'm not ready to tell them about New York's most famous businessman, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock. Still trying to leave every bit of memory with him in the past.

"I just want to forget him" I explain "he's a lair and he sucks and if he falls off the Manhattan bridge it'll make me very happy".

The girls just smile uncomfortably and I can hear Heather whisper Oh boy.

"Anyway, Right now all I need is for you two to come over to my apartment bring the green dinero and lets get drunk" I say right now a night out with my mind so blurry I'll forget everything about the love of my life and his stupid real name.

Yes I got the blunts, Heather get the tequila we are ready

Ruff replies. Her and I cope in the same way, by forgetting about it and focus on present time.

"Okay goodie then tonight we're going to get so sexed up and drink till I don't even remember the name Hiccup" I reply and drink another sip of whiskey.

On our way

Ruff almost yells and then hangs up. I move myself from my chair and place the bottle beside my turned off phone. Stormfly rubs her head on my leg and meows. I take it as an invitation to pick her up and hold her close like she knows what I need.

"Oh girl" I say holding her close to my face and kiss her head.

"At least I still have you"

I step outside in my sweatpants, crop top and denim jacket practically looking like a homeless person. My steps are heavy as I feel a bit hungover. I make my way to the store to buy some groceries as my fridge is practically empty. Therefore last night's dinner was a bottle of whiskey and sleep.