Chapter 2: Lost wallets and found friends

"Wallet" that's all I could think about.
How could I forget my wallet!

I start tracing my every move last night. I recall Heather and I going to a bar and Ruff waiting for us there. Then we drank, danced and drank some more. I remember William showing up at some point.

I face palm as I think about William and I's little adventure last night.

"Hi Astrid" a familiar voice said behind me.

"William!" I said as I hugged him. At this point I was already drunk and Heather, Ruffnut and I had been dancing till our feet started to hurt.

We pulled apart and look at each other.

"How's your studies going?" He asked waving at the bartender to signal he wants to order.

"It's going okay, it's hard juggling work and school" I answers "Hey Antonio, can we have two beers please" .

"No problem, A" Antonio gives me a nod and goes to get the order.

"Waow, you know my favorite drink" William leans on the bar and looks at me smiling. His smile looks like something that should be on a magazine, which it also was.

"Beer isn't the most complicated drink" I laugh.

Soon Antonio comes over with two beers.

"Here you go"  He hands us the beers and moves on to the next customer.

"To stressful college and hard work" William said while holding up his beer.
I can't help but laugh before I raised my own glass.

"So cheerful" and with that comment we drink.

I must have forgotten my wallet at his place when I spend the night there.
I look at the celling of my apartment. That means I have to talk to William again. I don't really want to talk to him, it might bring up some awkward stories.

Regards to my wanting to just forget William I pick up my phone and start typing.

Hey Will, did I forget my wallet,by any chance, at your place?

Without my wallet I can't pay this month's rent, and if I can't pay it means I have to try and avoid the landlord when he comes over demanding the money.

"Stormfly remind me to get some checks at the bank" I say petting her soft, white fur.

I soon hear a light buzz which makes me turn my head and look at my phone. It's lit up from someone who send me a text.

I lousily pick up my phone to see a text from the one and only William.

Sorry Asty, you didn't forget your wallet at my place.

A flow of panic goes through my body as I read the text again, just to make sure I read it right.

So here's my situation:
I do not have my wallet, and therefore can't pay my rent today. I have no idea where my wallet could be and I texted William for no reason.

Stormfly gives me a petty meaow like she can feel my misery.

Guess I'm going on a search for my wallet.

**New York Airport**

Where's my wallet! Electric shocks goes through my body as I begin to panic.
I look around, how could I have lost it!