Chapter 24: The Alien

Hiccup and I were chatting while eating the best enchiladas in town. La Vaca is my favorite dining place and it looks like Hiccup is enjoying their food too.

"Did you just inhale your food" I take a quick glance at Hiccup's plate and it's completely empty.

"This is my new favorite food and place" he says with his mouth stuffed. He looked like a kid trying candy for the first time. Or Tuffnut the first time he tried McDonalds.

"I know best place in town" I can't help but laugh as he points to one of my enchiladas asking with his eyes if he can have one. I just nod and he takes it greedily.

"It's so funny" I say but it doesn't stop him from munching on his food.

"You find some very common things exciting" he finally looks up, like a puppy. He doesn't break eye contact with me, waiting eagerly for me to speak.

"Did you have a Normal life or did you spend it all in a basement?" My joke almost makes him choke on his enchilada. He dries his mouth with the napkin besides him.

With food in his mouth he tries to mumble out some words.

"World of war craft was just my best friend" I laugh at his pathetic attempt to talk with his mouth full.

He finishes chewing and takes a big sip of his water.

"Honestly I think this is the coziest place on earth" his comment makes my put my water down.

"What?" I ask. I mean La Vaca is cozy and all but he makes it sound like this is a fancy restaurant in the Norwegian mountains.

"Are you an alien?" He laughs at my question but there is some truth in my joke. If he told me right now that he's from Mars I would believe him.

"Yep an New York alien" he replies and takes another of my enchiladas. Normally I don't share food like Joey from friends but I'll make an exception with this dorky alien.

"You're so weird" I say shaking my head "Oh before I forget".

He follows me curiously with his eyes as I pick up my wallet.

"Here" I say. I hand him a check with the amount of money I owned him.

"Thank you" he picks it up but he doesn't seem happy. Almost like he wanted to pay? But I'm happy everything worked out.

"No"

"No?"

He pushes the check back onto my side of the table. I give him a confused glare before my eyes turn to the check.

"Excuse me?"

"I don't want your money" he says firmly. Okay this man must be an alien or mentally unstable.

"What? Why not? It's your money I borrowed it" I say confused why he would reject my check. He just shakes his head in response. This man is crazy.

"No my money is with your landlord gone forever" he says throwing his hands up in air like he's throwing money away.

"Hiccup" I start but he cuts me off.

"Astrid" he says pointing at me with his drink. He looks so serious and yet playful. So I'm not quite sure if he's serious or just playing with me.