Chapter 46: Right by your side

I step out of the building feeling more energized and light. I take a look around trying to spot the nearby café Ruff and I agreed to met at. I see their logo and red flag hanging just a little down the street. As I walk I hear a loud yell behind me.

"Asty!" I turn around and get tightly hugged by my blond friend.

"Ruff I missed you" and hug her back. She let's go of me and I can finally breathe again.

"Girl feel like I haven't seen you in ages" Ruff sighs as we walk arm in arm down towards the café.

"Same, even though it's only been a week" we laugh at the fact that we can't be apart for more than a week. Since we started college we've pretty much been together everyday.

We sit down on one of the tables outside. Feeling the fresh LA breeze around us like a magic spell of happiness.

"Girl, order whatever you want this is my treat" I put my menu down and look at her. This does not sound like the Ruffnut I know.

"What?" I ask since she's a broke college student like me.

"My parents gave me some money before I left so let's treat ourself" my eyes goes wide I know her family has money but they usually don't shower Ruff in it.

"Really?" I ask and she nods. I pick my menu back up.

"Well then I have to get everything" I say and make Ruff laugh.

"Go for it" she smiles.

After a big lunch we're heading to the beach. Ruff is showering me in gifts. On the way she bought us lemonade and snacks. Feeling like it's my birthday with all this spoiling. Currently, we're laying on the beach taking in the sun.

"Wanna go swimming?" I ask Ruff as I sit up on the sand. Since we live in LA we always wear our swimsuit under our normal clothes on hot days just in case.

"Sure, but we have to run the sand is hotter than me" Ruff takes off her shirt and so do I. The sun is warm kissing our skin as we undress.

We run into the water quickly trying not to burn our feet. When the saltwater meets our feet we slow down. I turn to Ruff who's standing beside me in her green bikini, and splash some water on her.

"Hey" she screams and splashes me. Her head turns to the ice cream stand a little bit further up the beach.

"Want ice cream? My treat." She says and I tilde my head.

"Your parents really gave you that much money?" I feel bad for her spoiling me like this.

"Yeah" she looks down making me think she's lying.

"Who really gave you the money?"

Hiccup's POV

After walking Astrid to therapy and convincing her to go inside, I need to go get my clothes. On the way I notice two blond braids on the other side of the road.

"Hey Ruffnut!" I yell and wave. She pulls her sunglasses down so she can see who's calling her name. When she sees me she waves like crazy.

"Hiccy what did you do with my Astrid?" She crosses the road and walks over to me.

"I just dropped her off you guys weren't supposed to meet for another hour" I explained and she looked at me with a funny look.

"This can't be happening I'm NEVER early" she was in shock and zoned out for a minute.

"Ruff?" I ask but she seems to be unreachable.
I wave my hand infront of her face and she snaps back to reality.