Chapter 47: The Fight

"Hiccup Bing!"

My head shots up as I hear my fake name being yelled. I'm standing in Astrid's small kitchen with two wine glasses and a wine bottle.

"The tone in your voice implies this is not going to end well for me" I mumble and put the bottle opener down.

"Hiccup you gave Ruffnut money!" The anger in her eyes could make a grown man fall on his knees and confess. I chuckle nervously not sure how to get out of this one.

"It was meant as a nice gesture, so you two could have a nice day together-" but I don't get to finish my explanation before Astrid yells at me again.

"Yeah I heard that explanation from Ruff!" I almost fall back by the volume of her voice.

"Astrid-"

"Don't Astrid me!" I don't know what to say to calm her down.

"Please just listen to me-" but Astrid cuts me off again.

"Okay explain" her sweet gesture of letting me explain comes out more angry than understanding. I take a deep breath before explaining.

"I just wanted you two to relax and not think about money or school or anything" I hope my explanation will make her understand but her face is still filled with anger. She looks like a bull fully focused on taking her target down, and her target is me.

"Hiccup I don't care what you make as a professor I don't want your money" Her voice is still sharp like she's cutting glass.

"Worst of all You lied you me. And you made my best friend lie to me" Her voice isn't as loud as before. She takes a breath which gives me the opportunity to apologize.

"Astrid I'm really, really sorry" after my whole Hiccup Bing lie lying has been like a piece of cake. It's like it just comes out like word vomit, I hate it and it's not me. But I've been lying for too long about my identity and I don't know how to come clean anymore.

"I just don't understand any of this" she sounds more confused than angry now which is my opportunity to explain my situation.

"Astrid I know this was all stupid and I shouldn't have done it. I really just meant to for you two to have fun. You've worked so hard after the shooting you haven't taken a break. It was supposed to be a nice gesture, I mean you didn't really want to spend time with Ruff so I thought-"

"You thought what?" Now she's seeing red again and I know I messed up. Astrid lived by a tight schedule to get herself into UCLA and has always been in control, I knew making decisions for her would only make her mad. But again my heart won over my brain and what I hoped was a sweet gesture turned into my nightmare.

"You don't get to make assumptions about my life. Or think that my friend group needs money or time together. And most importantly you don't get to decide what's best for me just because I was in a school shooting" she looks me straight in the eyes and I can feel the anger burning behind her eyes.

"I'm sorry I guess I was wrong" I say resignedly and I can see my tone annoys her. Honestly, right now none of the words are coming out right.

"Maybe you should just sleep at your cousin's place tonight" she says and walks inside her apartment to put her purse on her bed. Her voice is so sharp my ears must be bleeding.

"Astrid" I don't know what to say.

"Just let's give each other some space" she says and turn her back to me. The situation seems hopeless. The romantic evening I had planned with wine and movies didn't start the way I intended it to.

"Okay" I say giving up too easyly. Had I been stronger I would've stayed and fought but I'm still the weak Hiccup inside. So I grab my jacket and walk out the door. When it closes behind me I stand still for a second.

That was our first fight. Over my stupid lie.
My back meets the door while I reflect on my actions. This was just a white lie that turned into a fight. Imagine when she finds out my true identity, my real last name and my real job. She's going to hate me. But right now I'm not in New York I don't have to face reality just yet. Astrid and I still have time in our fantasy land. I don't want to go to my cousin's apartment or back to New York anytime soon. I only want to be with Astrid.

Ever since my mother's death I've been weak, inside I was an insecure boy. I lied to my family and myself about being too busy for love but really I was just scared. But not this time. We have something special to fight for. Astrid makes me strong and if I want to be with her I have to stay strong. I'm not an insecure 8 year old boy anymore.

With one strong move I slam the door open. Astrid jumps up from her bed in surprise. This unexpected move leaves her speechless.

"Hiccup" is all she can say as I close the door behind me and move towards her.
Without saying a word I kiss her passionately. She's caught by surprise but shortly blends into the kiss. As our lips feel each other all the anger goes away. Astrid calms down as I cup her face.the passion in the kiss was like an eclipse on everything we just fought about.

As we move away we both keep our eyes closed for a short second before her blue eyes meet my green once. She smiles and so does I.

"I'm sorry" I say meaning it with all of my heart. She nods and wraps her arms around me.

"It was sweet, but next time you'll tell me right?" As we stand here in each other's arms we're finally back to Hiccup and Astrid.

"I promise" I say and hold her closer than before. Her soft hair is right under my chin and I can smell her sweet fruity shampoo.

"I love you" I whisper to her.

"I love you too" she whispers back. Her head leaves my chest and looks at me.

"You're my person" she says and kisses me. Astrid isn't really the most romantic person. For the short time we've been dating it's always me saying corny, cheesy and romantic things. So those three words means a lot.

"And you're my person Astrid Hofferson" I whisper against her lips. She smiles between our kisses. With our lips still connected I pick her up bridal style and carry her to her bed.

As the night fell upon LA out night continued.

One of the things I think is the most important in a storyline is the personal development within the individual characters. So even if Astrid and Hiccup doesn't end up together they've taught each other so much and helped each other grow.

Till next time, love you guys💕

Spoiler for next chapter:
"I made it when I was 9 and I'm pretty sure I stole that cap from my brother"