Chapter 31: Girls just wanna have fun

"Heather, Ruff I need your help" those are my first words as I step into my friend'sdorm room.

"Astrid did you loose your wallet again?" Heather says with a disappointed face. I just shake my head and put my bag down.

"No, I think I'm falling" I say seriously. My friends looks at me confused but Ruff breaks the silence.

"You're still standing to me" I shake my head and sit down no more stand up jokes for me, please.

"No more Elton John I'm serious" I pause for a second. I have to focus on my school. I've tried this before I know how it's going to work out. Yet, it feels different.

"I think I'm falling for Hiccup" I look down not ready to face their judgement just yet.

"You. In love. For real, real" Ruff voice is so high pitch I'm pretty sure only dogs could hear her.

"I don't know but, we kinda had this moment" I say. Our moment felt so sincere but love is supposed to take time. Then why does it feel like I'm already there?

"What happened?"  Ruff asks and sit up straight.

"Well we were cleaning up, I'd just turned the closing sign..."

You're really good at your job" Hiccup said while leaning on the doorframe.

"Thank you?" Astrid's voice didn't sound convinced. It sounded more like a question rather than an actual thanks.

"What?" He asked unsure why she had doubt in her voice "it was a compliment".

"It was just a little out of the blue" She replies and continued her work.

"I'm just trying to be a gentleman"

"Well then be a gentleman and help me clean the floor" Astrid's voice was playful as she handed Hiccup a mop. He followed along and started washing the floor, from one end to the other.

"You're pretty good at my job too" she said smiling at her own little joke. Hiccup smiled too, he just couldn't help it.

But as Hiccup was mopping the floor the mop fell apart. He looked down on the broken mop with a frown. Astrid noticed the mess Hiccup had gotten himself into.

"Hiccup, you only get clumsier" Astrid shook her head and went over to help him.
She walked lightly on the new washed floor.
Neither did she want to slip and fall but she didn't want to ruin his work either.

"Here let me see" But as she bend down she lost balance. Her shoes slipped on the floor and she fell.

"Astrid!" Hiccup tried to stop her from falling but instead ended up on the floor with her.

Astrid landed with her back on the cold floor and with Hiccup on top of her. Luckily Hiccup's hand was just quick enough to support her head so she wouldn't hit it on the wooden floor. After a moment of chock and silence he finally spoke.

"A-are you okay?" He said with a light stutter.

"I'm fine" Astrid's response lead to another moment of silence. Astrid felt her heart flutter. Hiccup's eyes mesmerized her into a slumber of love. She felt stung by something so strong she couldn't fight it. But she had to.

"We should probably get back to cleaning" Astrid finally said and broke the silence. Her eyes broke contact with his. She had to get back to reality.

"Right- right get back, that's what I was going, get back yeah" He wasn't quite sure what to say and the words fell out in its own random order. He cleared his throat as he helped Astrid up on her feet. She felt dizzy like the hit had shaken everything inside her around. She had to get a break, she be herself again and shake this feeling off her.

"You know what I'll just finish up the last bit of work" said Astrid. She walked to the cashier as she talked. She had to say something. All she wanted was to pull him close but she knew she needed to push him away.

"There's not much to do anyway" she must seem a bit off and she was.

"Here" she said and handed Hiccup some cash.

"Thank you for your help" She didn't greed him goodbye she just took her distance. He disappeared out the door and into the evening life of LA. Astrid watched him go and as he went so did her senses.

"And then I just stood there for 10 minutes" I say. My friends eyes are wide and surprised. I can't believe it myself.

"What is wrong with me?" I ask and burry my face in Heather's pillow. She runs her hand up and down my back in a sympathetic way.

"Asty it's okay. It's okay to fall in love" Heather's voice is soothing but not helpful.

"No it's not okay" I mumble into the pillow.

"Well, Hoff, you're so close to getting your degree" Ruff catches my attention and I remove my face from Heather's pillow.

"I mean just tell him you can't date him until you've finished college". I listen carefully to her words but I don't think I can do that either.

"He lives in New York none the less" I tell them about all the reasons we can't be together. Like we live in different cities, he's just on vacation. I have school he has work and so on. The girls nod along while I tell them.

"Okay I know it doesn't seem like you two would work" Heather says and puts her head on my shoulder.

"Exactly, there's no way" I say and lean my head on hers. I can see Ruff getting up from her own bed to sits beside me. She leans her head on my other shoulder and we sit like that for a minute.

"What am I going to do?" I ask pleading.

The two girls removed their heads from my shoulders and looks at me.

"I know you think it's impossible" Says Heather. My blue eyes falls deeply into her green ones as I wait for her to continue.

"But what's the worst that can happen if you take a chance with him"

"I have to think this over" I say.

For the rest of the evening we spend it watching movies. Trying to get my mind off Hiccup. I told my friends to play everything but romance movies. I need to get my mind off Hiccup and not get more confused. I rest my head on Ruff's shoulder as we all watch a movie on her computer. I feel my eyelids getting heavy and my head getting heavier. I slowly close my eyes just for a short second. Ready to open them a second later, but they're close for longer than a second.

That's how we start the next half of the book. I thought it would be nice to hear Astrid's perspective on the event as well and hey it only took me 30 chapters to make her fall completely in love with Hiccup.

Spoiler for next chapter:

"Yeah where I come from people always Get kidnapped when they walk home from the cinema"