Chapter 11: Eretson café

Do you believe believe in faith? That two people were destined to meet? Or is it a coincidence that those two certain people met?

Whatever you believe these two people met. Astrid and Hiccup. Together right here in Eretson café. Last names didn't matter in this context. Or maybe they mattered a lot since they were on each side of the bar. A lot of unanswered questions hang in the air and they could only be answered as the two write their story. The thing about faith is that faith is only the size you make it. Everyone has a choice to follow faith or don't. Your choices are the only things that define you.

And now it was time for these two to make a choice.

"Hiccup" Astrid's voice was surprised. She hadn't pictured meeting Hiccup, the New Yorker, again especially not at her workplace. But she was happy she did.
Astrid saying his name made a smile grow on Hiccup's face.

"Hi" bubbles grew in his stomach as their eyes met.

"Hi" Same can be said about the blond Astrid Hofferson as she couldn't help but play with the ends of her apron.

There was a peaceful moment of silence but it wasn't awkward. At least not for the two lovebirds but the other costumers seemed a little uncomfortable with the two just standing there smiling at each other.

Astrid couldn't get her toothpaste smile off her lips as she asked him if he wanted some coffee.

"Yes please" Hiccup stumbled over the words as his goofy smile couldn't get off his face.

"What's your favorite?" Astrid finally broke their gaze as she turned around to grab a to go cup.

"A latte is just fine" he tries his best to catch her eyes again. He just wants to dive into her blue eyes where he's not Hiccup Haddock and simply just Hiccup.

"Okay" as Astrid starts brewing the coffee a small conversation starts to take shape.

"What do you think about LA so far?" Astrid looks at him once again with her warm smile.

"It like a surfer version of New York" Hiccup laughs taking a seat at the bar.

"That's good, right?" She grabs a marker and begins to write on the cup.

"Of course"

Astrid places the cup under the machine and with a push of a button the coffee poured into the cup. She puts on the lid and grabs a straw for the auburn male in front of her.

"One latte" Astrid smiles as she hands him the cup.

"Thank you" he says back before reading what she wrote.

Instead of writing "Hiccup" on the cup she has replaced his funny name with "The non-tourist tourist". Hiccup chuckles at their insider joke.

"Very funny" Hiccup laughs at Astrid's joke.

"Thank you I'm also a part time comedian" She leans on the desk as she continues to joke with the man on the other side.

"Eretson café: great coffee and hilarious jokes" Hiccup says dramatically using hand gestures to form a sign.

"That's my work" Astrid smiles. The two seemed to gaze off a bit before a big raven haired man interrupted.

"Hey Asty can you please come in on Friday and take the late shift" Eret walks over to Astrid with pleading eyes as he shows her a schedule. It takes Astrid some time to finally break her gaze and actually take a good look at what he's holding in front of her.

"I'll have to be an hour late. My class doesn't finish until 4:35" Astrid smiles at Hiccup who remembers the conversation they had at Maria Street.