Past, Present and Future (Hijikata Toshiro)

ابدأ من البداية

"I can't sleep, nee-san. So I figured I would just try to think up of ways to kill Hijikata-san." The young male muttered carelessly as he sat beside her, glancing to see her sullen expression on her face.

"Why are you making that face, nee-san." Okita stated, his tone seemingly angry and furious. "No, it's nothing." She forced a laugh, as she leaned on Okita's shoulder.

"Nee-san, I think of you like my elder sister. You always take care of me and look out for me. So, if something's troubling you, never hesitate to tell me." Okita says as (Y/N) closed her eyes.

'Even in Sougo's eyes I'm similar to Mitsuba?...Is that how everyone sees me? Am I....just their second option just because the first one isn't here anymore?'

"I'm not saying this just because my real sister is dead," Okita's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. "I'm saying this because I know that you will always be my sister no matter what happens, it's not because sister isn't here anymore, but because I've always felt that genuine kindness in you, ever since the first day I met you, nee-san, I want to protect you. I love you very much, nee-san." Okita murmured softly as he looked down at her and smiled lightly.

"So...don't beat yourself up anymore alright, nee-san?" He says as he felt (Y/N) lift her head from his shoulder and stare at him with wide eyes. "Sougo....." (Y/N) teared up as she covered her mouth, feeling the tears gathering in her eyes. "You're like the brother I never had,"

"I-I love you too, Sougo. Thank you, for being such a kind brother to me..." She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly. "If ever that Hijibaka hurts you, tell me and I'll kill him immediately, alright? I don't want to see my nee-san crying anymore."

"Of course, Sougo. But how can I cry when I know you'll be there?" She laughs, wiping the tears away from her eyes. "Just be yourself, you're my nee-san because you're not anyone else." Okita says as he stood up.

"I have to go now," He says, "Goodnight, nee-san." He waved at her. "Goodnight, Sougo."

-----

"What do you want, Sougo?" Hijikata sighs, placing his paperwork down and shooting the male who just entered his room a knowing glance. Okita had an angry look on his face as he walked towards Hijikata.

"Were you not satisfied with making my sister cry? Do you have to torture (Y/N)-nee as well?" He asked, Hijikata furrowed his eyebrows at his words. "What are you saying?"

"You better pay attention to her, don't ever let herself compare to sister. Don't make her feel so bad that she starts comparing herself to someone else. (Y/N)-nee is herself, don't treat her like she's a substitute for someone." Okita growls at him, giving him a glare.

"....If you can't even see how you're making her feel, you really don't deserve her." Okita whispered to him before he turned and walked away.

".....(Y/N)." Hijikata knew what Okita had meant, he frustratedly ran his hand along his hair and sighed deeply. "...What have I been doing?"

----

"...(Y/N), can I come in?" Hijikata knocked on her door, he heard her shuffled before she let out a muffled groan, which meant 'yes'.

Slowly entering her room and carefully shutting the door behind him, Hijikata found her laid on her futon, face pressed against her pillow. It was as if she was hiding her face from him.

"Hey....are you okay?" He asked softly, placing his hand gently on her back and rubbing it softly. "Y-Yeah...What do you need? I was just about to sleep, haha." Her voice seemed hoarse, like she had been crying.

"Want me to sleep here tonight with you?" He asked again and she shook her head, still refusing to meet his eyes. "N-No. You must have some work to be done, I can't possibly bother you to accompany me for the night." She spoke again, his time covering herself with her blanket.

"(Y/N), look at me." He ordered, worried about what happened to her. She never refused to look him in the eye before. This time, she absolutely avoided him from seeing her face at all costs.

"N-No...I'm sleepy and I'm very tired, Toshi." She muttered lowly and Hijikata sighed, "(Y/N), please. Just look at me." He ordered again, gripping the blanket tightly. "If you don't. I'll force you by any means necessary."

"..........."

Hijikata sighed softly as he grabbed the blanket and threw it off of her easily before he gripped her wrist gently and pulled her up. "Can't you be any more gentler?! I guess not because I'm not Mitsuba right?!" She suddenly yelled and Hijikata's eyes widened at her outburst. Now he could see her face, her eyes were red and her nose was red as well— She was crying.

(Y/N) was a quiet woman, she was very patient and always spoke softly. Hijikata rarely saw this side of her— the side she never showed anyone.

"...What are you saying, (Y/N)?" Hijikata says as he looked at her softly, his eyes softening as he pulled her towards him and hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry if I did anything to make you feel this way." He murmurs into her ears softly.

"I...I didn't know that you were feeling this way because of me. I was insensitive, please forgive me." Hijikata says, and then he heard her sniffle.

"I....I'm not dating you just because Mitsuba is dead." He spoke out loud, "I love you for who you are, (Y/N). Please believe me when I say so, because there is no one else I am willing to do anything and everything for aside from you. Even if Mitsuba was alive," He paused a bit as he hugged her tighter.

"Things wouldn't have worked out between us either way. You're the one I love, the one I don't want to lose." He says, putting a small distance between them as his fingertips lightly brush against her cheek when he tucked a loose piece of her (H/C) strand behind her ear.

"I'll still be here past, present and future head over heels in love with you."Hijikata says as he peppered her face with his kisses. "So these beautiful eyes of yours," he kissed each of her eyelids. "I won't ever let them shed tears ever agan."

"This lips of yours, I won't ever let them whimper and sob again," He says, placing a gentle, passionate kiss on her lips. "I love you, for who you are (Y/N). I swear on my life, that I love you because you're you, you're not some replacement or substitute. Don't ever think that." He says, ending his grand speech with a gentle kiss to her forehead.

"T-Toshi...." (Y/N) was shocked beyond words, she pursed her lips before she threw her arms around him and hugged him. "I love you so much!!"

"I love you so much too, (Y/N)."

------------------------
AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Yaaaaay! This is today's daily fic! I did a bad job with it, I kno I'm sorry. I totally apologize tiff_reads author-san is really sorryyy for this one. U requested for a fluff at the end but... I couldn't make ittt 😭😭😭😭 I'm relly sorry.

Requests will still be open... ♥️