The One with the Truth About Prom

Start from the beginning

"Sweet Pea!" you scolded, slapping his arm. "Saying no offense does not make you less of a dick."

Fangs' lips had drooped into a frown, and Toni was shaking her head disapprovingly at Sweet Pea.

Sweet Pea let out a low sigh, grabbing his beer bottle and scowling when he realized it was empty. You, like Toni, had crossed your arms and were giving him a disapproving look. Slowly, he set the bottle down, shifting awkwardly on his stool. You held your steely gaze, not budging when he tried to shoot you a weak smile.

"I'm going to have to say yes, aren't I?"

Pressing your lips shut, you nodded. "Yes, yes you are."

"And it's going to be Fangs, isn't it?"

"Yes, yes, it will."

"Yes!" Fangs sprang back up and fist-pumped, nearly jumping around the bar loudly enough to draw the attention of everyone else in the bar. "Yes!"

"It just makes sense, Pea. Fangs is one of our best friends. We've also seen him act before, so we know he won't get insanely nervous or something. Not to mention, he's known us both forever, so he knows us better than almost anyone."

"See, Y/N gets it," Fangs agreed, his smile huge. "I'm funny, I've got good stories, and everyone knows I'm an ass man."

"Huh?" you asked, your eyebrows furrowing in confusion. On the other side on the bar, Toni had frozen, her cup halfway to her lips and a confused look on her face. Sweet Pea was just shaking his head.

"What are you talking about, Fangs?" you finally asked.

"Your boobs!" he reminded you, nearly laughing with joy. "I won't stare at your boobs!"

Laughing, you rolled your eyes, sliding off your barstool to lean into Sweet Pea. "Sounds like a winner to me. What do you think, Pea?"

He sighed, running his free hand through his hair and giving his friend a pointed look. "And you promise to take it seriously?"

"Cross my heart," he said, nodding quickly. "I'll do such a good job. I'll say all kinds of nice things, tell funny stories, and not say something dumb or hook up with a bridesmaid."

"Oh, you mean Toni and Betty?" you laughed. "Like you'd hook up with either of them anyways."

"And the groomsmen?" Toni asked, raising an eyebrow to give him a skeptical look.

"Jughead and Joaquin? No, yeah, I'm good," Fangs replied.

"Joaquin?" Sweet Pea asked. "Since when is he in our wedding?"

"Since you need to replace me somehow," Fangs answered. "I was going to be the best man, but I'd assume Jughead's getting that now which means you need another groomsman."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever," Sweet Pea replied, gratefully accepting another beer from Toni.

"I wouldn't even care if you did hook up with someone," you chuckled. "As long as it's after the ceremony and not in the church, you get all the ass you want."

Fangs grinned and winked at Toni. "What do you say, Topaz? The minister and the maid of honor?"

"Dear Lord, Fangs," she replied, shaking her head. "You do remember that Cheryl and I are married, right?"

"Of course, I do—that wedding was killer."

Sweet Pea just shook his head, already halfway through his next beer. "Just work on whatever you're going to say ahead of time, Fangs. I want to hear everything before the real thing."