Chapter Forty Six

A/N : I am sorry for not updating sooner, it was my sons birthday so I've been busy, I should be back to more regular updates now though 😊

Breya

Despite my current state of disorientation and confusion, my body fumbled out of Jacksons grasp quicker than I could process. I shuffled back in an attempt to put as much distance between us as possible.

I was halted to an abrupt stop as my back hit the metle bars to the cell I was apparently in. I hissed at the pain it caused my already sore ribs. Snapping my eyes back to Jackson I didn't miss the look of hurt that danced across his icey orbs.He seemed hurt by reaction which only lead to further confusion for me.

I couldn't help but notice the condition he was in, while his gaze met the ground I took the opportunity to look at the sight that Jackson was right now. His body was covered in dry blood, dirt, bruises and cuts. His skin paler than I was used to. My eyes widened as I looked over his arms. Marks that could only resemble marks from a needle practically littered his arms. I could only stare in fascination, wondering if I was seeing things.

Something as minute as a needle mark should if healed withing seconds thanks to his wolf genes,but they weren't. I was shocked out of my bewilderment when his usually brutish voice spoke gently.

"are you ok? Are you hurt"

I watched as he trailed his eyes over my body for any sign of injury. He seemed different, somewhat lighter than normal, kind even. I tilted my head in complete curiosity as I tried to suss out his game.

I know he helped me the last time we saw each other but one good deed dosnt erase the hurt he caused me over the years. I didn't trust him, I couldn't I just couldn't figure out his plan. Was this alphas doing? Were they attempting to trick me all over again?. My overly cautious mind began playing each scenario it could. Until I thought of where I was before I woke up.

The vivid memories flashed in my mind, the silver beast, the river and the pain. I felt my stomach drop as I thought over the possibilities that he had something to do with this. My mind quick to draw up assumptions of betrayal.

That was until the memory of his eyes became clearer. When the pain had become to much for my body and gave out onto the ground, my eyes met his. Fear and worry danced around his majestic orbs, I found the trance I'd become familiar with becoming my sanctuary from the pain until I passed out. He couldn't of done this. I refused to believe it.

Maybe I was foolish for putting my trust into him, but I couldn't bring myself to think badly of him. All he has done is save me and comfort me since the day we met. Until he gave me a reason I wouldn't doubt him.

"Breya please, let me sit with you my body heat will help keep you warm."

I was snapped back to reality when Jackson spoke, nerves laced his voice as he offered to keep me warm. It was only then I noticed the shiver my body had taken on from the cold.

The cell we were in was not only equipped with metle bars but barred wire meshed between them. Quickly looking around I noticed that the room we were in resembled a cave. A heavy iron door sat at one end the other end held nothing but a small window. Allowing some of the day light to seep through along with the icey breeze. I could see the gloomy clouds along with the thick snow, my gaze turned to where the sound fi the echoing drip came from. Dotted around the floor were puddles of water only encouraging my body to shiver more.

"Breya please? Let me help you"

Jackson was pleading with me at this point, but I couldn't allow him near me. Shaking my head he sighed before looking at me again I had to force myaelf to keep my head raised as I searched for the courageous girl who spoke up to him only a few days ago.

"i know you don't trust me, I don't blame you I wouldn't trust me either...

He paused for a brief moment before looking me in the eye.

"I'm so sorry for everything, I promise I'm not going to hurt you."

His voice caught in his throat as he spoke the last of his sentence, as I though on his words I decided I had nothing to loose. I may as well try getting some answers from him.

"why?"

Confusion took over his features, encouraging me to further my question.

"why did you help me?"

"because it was the right thing to do. I knew everything alpha had told me we're lies. I'm not going to make up excuses Breya, but I wasn't strong enough before to defy him. If I could take back all the years of hurt, pain and suffering I caused you I would. "

I couldn't believe my ears as I processed his words. Was he saying aloha had been forcing him to hurt me?. Surely alpha couldn't of ordered him to every time he did?. My head felt fuzzy forcing me to gently rub my tender temples.

" where are we? "

" I don't know. I've been trying to work thst out since I came here. All I know is there are humans here, and we're somewhere in the mountains".

I jumped at the sound of the door scraping across the rocky floor, I remained frozen refusing to look at who had entered. Jacksons fave had hardened as he looked straight at the intruder. Anger the look I was so used to seeing on his face seemed to set like stone.

The humoured laugh of a man filled my ears before his chilling voice met my ears.

"come on now Jackson, that's no way to look at a friend"

Jackson was all but ready to lung at the man until his focus turned to me.

"welcome to our wonderful home Breya or is it runt? No matter I'm please your here. I've been waiting far to long to meet you"

I had closed my eyes shut when he spoke my name. I hadn't even seen his face yet I was afraid. A cold hand pressed against my cheeks forcing my face up I opened my eyes instantly at the shock.

"get your hands of her! Now"

I felt sick as I took in his Suckley pale skin, it held a tinge of yellow discolouration. His ginger hair prominent on his head, contrasting with his wide excited eyes. His lips turned into a pleased grin as he spoke.

"Jackson behave we don't want to scare our new guest. Oo your quite the beauty arnt you. Don't look so frightened dear were going to have a ball together"

The sound of movement gripped his attention as he turned to where the sounds were coming from. Soon he moved out of my view just in time for me to see Jackson being held down by two strong looking men. He was fighting against them in an attempt to get to me but he seemed weaker than usual.

The man's voice had now become stern as he spoke to the men.

"give it to him"

One of the men grabbed a shring from his pants pocket plunging it into Jackson arm with no hesitation. I watched as he withered in pain unable to take my eyes of the painful sight. Jackson grunted in pain but refused to scream as his body fell against the wall for support. The two men walked out the cell door as the other man looked towards me a look of disappointment on his face.

"I'm sorry you had to see thst dear, but I can't have disobedience in my home, I'm sure you understand. My my where are my manners I've yet to of introduced myself, I am Dr. Mallic,now if you will excuse me I have important matters to attend but I assure you, we will be properly acquainted by this evening. "

With thst he left, I waited for the iron door to the room was closed before I scrambled to Jackson. Despite our history I couldn't stand to see him in pain. Placing my hand on his he weakly looked at me.

" right now we only have each other, I need you to trust me Breya so we can find a way out of..

He began to cough as his eyes rolled a little. Now I was closer to him I could see the exhaustion in his eyes.

" your right Jackson we need to work together,but I can't trust you. What is it? What is it they just gave you?"

His eyes became more droopy as his bidy became more limp his voice barley a whisper.

"wolfsbane"