Chapter Forty Two

Beta colby

I couldn't do it, every time I tried to mind link wolf my nerves would get the best of me. I hadn't felt nervous in a long time, not like this. If this was how hard it was to tell him then I dreaded to think of how hard it was going to be to tell Breya.

I felt guilty for leaving my friend to worry for this long, I just didn't know how to think it let alone say it out loud. I'd spent all night by her bed wondering how she would take it,how she would react to finding out a part of her identity.

I hated to say it but I was glad she hadn't opened her eyes yet. I knew I needed wolfs help with this, every single one of my instincts were screaming to me thst they were mates.

Even more so now we know Breya is a wolf, if they are mates then it explains why everytime she looked into his eyes she would end up in excruciating pain. His wolf would of unintentionally been calling to hers only forcing her to come out.

She would of been fighting against the poison that had locked her away to be with her mate. I hated this, I hated that this made so much sense that everything was falling into place like this.

My hands roughly tugged at my hair as I paced outside the hospital. I had been like this for at least an hour now unable to figure out what to do. I knew what I needed to do it was just the how I was struggling with.

Regardless if they were mates or not I knew wolf felt connected to her. His wolf felt connected to her, it wasn't like what I felt I could see it in his eyes. The night we almost lost her trust, his eyes were soft when they looked towards her.

Like she was the only thing around him, the hurt he felt for hurting her, the regret that swarmed his eyes as he listened to her heartbreaking words. I had known him my whole life and despite him having a good heart, I'd never seen him or his wolf so willing to submit to anyone. Let alone a tiny  'human' girl.

It's what made me first think they were mates, I'd never seen him react that way let alone be that gentle. I hated bringing it up to him, he had lost hope along time ago in ever finding his other half.

When he lost that he lost a part of himself, the light in his eyes practically snuffed out of him. Thats why I waited before I vocied my thoughts until I couldn't any longer.

I had to take a breath, I had everything running through my mind at once I felt overwhelmed with emotions, they were becoming to much to handle.

As I stood still in this moment I breathed in the ice cold air like it was my anchor. Opening my eyes they widened in surprise as I took in the thin layer of snow that coated the ground. How hadn't I noticed that before?.

Shaking my head at the irrelevant thoughts, I realised I needed to stop wasting time this had to be done. I had to tell him.

"wolf meet me by the river"

"when?"

He didn't ask me how she was, I knew why I could tell by the frustration in his voice he wasn't happy about how long I'd left it. I cringed at the thought of allowing him to worry for so long. He didn't even know if she was ok.

"now"

He didn't reply and I didn't blame him, I quickly undressed preparing to shift. As soon as my paws hit the soft cold snow I felt relief. I embraced this feeling because I knew my next conversation wasn't going to be easy.

As soon as I emerged from the trees I seen him, stood by the river staring at the lighty frosted river. He knew I was here but he didn't move. Soon I was stood next to him, taking in the calm whilst preparing myself.

"I'm sorry I haven't let you know how she is, I just..

" just what?

He all but growled his wolf that slightly towered over mine growled, his teeth bared my wolf quickly submitted to him, feeling the pain of our friend.

"I didn't know how to tell you that

" don't say it "

My own wolf now growled at his, this was hard enough without him making it harder. In response to my own growl his quickly pinned me to the ground. I didn't attempt fighting him, it would be useless, but I also understood that he wasn't angry. He was hurt, worried the last 24 hours have probably driven him to near insanity.

"she is alive"

I watched his eye widen in surprise as relief swam in his eyes. Worry still laced in between that though he knew there was more. He knew me to well, I wouldn't of left him waiting or of met with him if there wasn't something more.

Releasing me from his grip I stood on my four paws again. My eyes unable to reach his as he stood impatiently waiting for me to continue.

"She's a wolf"

Silence. He didn't move speak or make a sound. I knew he was in shock just like I was, digesting the words I jsut spoke. I kept my head down not wanting to witness his reaction.

"What did you just say? How?.. How is that, that would mean? No! I refuse to believe!

Shock was evident in his voice along with growls of frustration. I could hear his wolf pacing as he pieced it all together. Until he stilled completely.

" Breya? "

Sadness filled his voice as he thought of Breya, I shook my head as I spoke now plucking up the courage to look my friend in the eye.

"she dosnt know yet, she hasn't woken up, Larsen told us about her yesterday, the reason you had to..

I was taken back when I felt his body collide with my own. His paw rested on my kneck as he bared his teeth at me. I knew this was going to be hard for him to swallow but he has to know there was no other way.

"tell me you didn't do what I think you did?"

Despite the anger in his voice I didn't miss the plea in his words. I gulped before I mentally sighed.

"I had to, she would of died"

My words were deflated even in my mind. Before I knew it his wolf had retreated and was fleeing. I lay on my belly watching as my friend who is normally in complete control lose it.

At what we heard next my heart clenched in pain as my wolf bowed his head . His wolfs howl filled the sky in an agonising song to the world. It was a cry for Breya and all that she had suffered. The life she was robbed off and the future suffering she was surley to face when she knew.

As soon as his howl had met my ears I knew our cover was blown. I couldn't blame him though all I felt was pride. His howl, His precence, his power could never be mistaken.

Moonrise was now aware that the Alpha King was here.